Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrn-y-Brain Hangover Hobble

Re: Cyrn y Brain Hangover Hobb

Thanks Fell Runner so glad you enjoyed it. I really enjoy organising it, only after it's over!
    For others the reason why I put No, Kit, No run, is cos its a b cat race, but to be honest it's not a full on fell race, but runners need to be aware that the weather can change and I need to be seen to play by the rules. It's not much effort for runners to at least carry a windproof top and tie it around your waist. So many didn't though this year, so I will get tougher next year. Be warned Mr Norgrove! It's not fair on those who do carry kit and may have to stop for someone who hasn't bothered. Thanks to all who came.
    Why don't you look me in the eye when when you're talking to me?

Thanks to All at CRR for a great race

Really enjoyed myself even though it highlighted just how unfit I am

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Cheers Jordan, good day out.

wrt kit you're quite right to make sure that people come prepared, it can be nippy & exposed during the race. I did however ask John if there were any kit requirements before the race & he didn't think it was necessary so I passed this on to Gary who also didn't carry kit.

See ya for the Dash In The Dark series.

I've got to say that was one of the best trail races i've done.It had a bit of everything,fast trails,technical climbs and descents and well organised.Not sure why the great concern about runners getting lost was all about,i could have closed my eyes on some of the descents and the excellent taping off would have funneled me in the right direction ! Thanks to all who organised and marshalled,looking forward to the dash in the dark series now.
    Just a final thought about kit,i agree that all runners should come prepared for bad weather(especially in Jan)and that a decision either way should be made on the day....which it was.

what a great race! will make sure I bring the kit next year though, fair comments about that.

will definitely recommend this to our club runners

results anywhere?>

thanks for organising the best marked out race i've run in all year!

Quote Originally Posted by harrymoon View Post
    what a great race! will make sure I bring the kit next year though, fair comments about that.
    !
    WFRA rules on safety are essentially the same as FRA - anyone in any doubt about rulings on safety requirements should look at section 9 in the FRA Safety rules:
    http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/pdf/com...quirements.pdf

The important bit to understand is the last paragraph re hypothermia!! This can happen in midsummer let alone early January

2 days before the Hangover Hobble at the top of Moel Famau there were 27 runners waiting for the off at our downhill race - an hour beforehand it had been warm and almost sunny down in the village but low cloud and rain rapidly swept in and by the time we got to the top some of the competitors were already looking hypothermic - I'm going to insist that next year they carry kit!

Cyrn-y-Brain Hangover Hobble

Gonna give this a go on New Years Day seeing Auld Lang Syne is full.

Fri 1st Jan 2010

Cyrn-y-Brain Hangover Hobble. 12 noon. 6 miles/800ft

from Coed Llandegla Forest Visitors Cenre on A525 7 miles west of Wrexham.

See www.wfra.org.uk for more details.

Mostly on Forest trails/ mountain bike tracks etc.

Brilliant cafe at visitors centre. Biggest bacon butties on the planet.

Organisers request you carry waterproof top. Last year it was very well organised & lots of marshalls so map/compass etc was not needed.

Re: Cyrn-y-Brain Hangover Hobb

My prediction Pinno....will be cancelled.I know the mtb centre car park is closed due to ice rink like conditions and with more snow (tues) and no increase in temps forecast it will be called off.
    Hope not but be prepared.

Re: Cyrn-y-Brain Hangover Hobb

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders rambler View Post
    My prediction Pinno....will be cancelled.I know the mtb centre car park is closed due to ice rink like conditions and with more snow (tues) and no increase in temps forecast it will be called off.
    Hope not but be prepared.
    Harrymoon was telling me last night that he spoke to the organiser and its looking very doubtful it will go ahead.