Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beginner in Sheffield

Re: Beginner in Sheffield

Wolfspit? I’ve been considering it as a 1st fell, for this year. Not committing to it tho as I have no idea what I’ll feel like after the 27th (Belvoir Challenge). Two weeks after it’s the first running of the Trunce this year. Something will have to happen to keep me away from that. Should manage to do it 5 or 6 times this year

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
    The posh bit. Of course.
    Its true, she's a posh'un.

I can't do the first in the Gritstone series as I think its the day after the Grindleford Gallop, but I'll be entering the rest.

Alastair didn't show, he has been intending to for a couple of weeks now but not appeared as yet, although Guy and I have a theory he's dressing entirely in black and lurking at the back. We're up to about 15 for the night plods from next week if everyone shows up.

Haven't done the flyers as yet, unfortunately there's been a death in my immediate family and so I've put a few things off last ten days or so but I PROMISE I'll sort something this week.

Still up for the 27th?
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

The posh bit. Of course.
    That would be Dore then

[QUOTE=No vice;307894]Not committing to it tho as I have no idea what I’ll feel like after the 27th (Belvoir Challenge)QUOTE]

No Vice - Just realised that is 27th this month!! Don't suppose you're doing the Grindleford Gallop in March? Similar kind of event...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Like I said, haven't really committed (£'s) to anything. Ankle took a lot of TLC after a half in November. Belvoirs the 1st race since.
    The only other thing I've really committed to is the Buxton half marathon in June.
    Have to get out and give the fell ponies vest an airing

Oh heck Simon - that's bad news - I'm really sorry. No worries re the flyers - I'm a bit snowed under at the mo anyway so a delay before the hoardes descend wanting to join the SP's is a blessing!

Defo still up for the 27th - may have a couple of the lasses in tow - and Alistair if he knows what's good for him.

Stanage edge early this morning was fab - almost total white out (wimped out of Higger Tor and ran along Burbage instead) - went through the ice a couple of times up to my knees in freezing bog - it did occur to me that as mine were the only footprints in the snow besides the local critters raising the alarm should I nose dive could be a bit of a problem. Not to mention the bollocking I'd receive from the Edale mountain rescue bod in the office next door.

This is a very very quiet thread - not at all like the Sheffield thread on the RW forum - everyone on there posts all kinds of drivel pretty much constantly!

This is a very very quiet thread - not at all like the Sheffield thread on the RW forum - everyone on there posts all kinds of drivel pretty much constantly!
    Thats because all the sheffield runners are out checking the HPM, just over a week to go !!!!!