Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mudclaw 330

Banned

Mudclaw 330

The MUDCLAW 330 reviewed at Mud Sweat & Tears
    HERE

Master

Re: Mudclaw 330

In your opinion II what is better the old or new?
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

My dad went for a run round Pendle in his on sunday and said he hadnt run as fast down hill in ages, really impressed him !
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    My dad went for a run round Pendle in his on sunday and said he hadnt run as fast down hill in ages, really impressed him !
    did he have the old version at any point in order to make a comparison. The shoe is still good but some people prefer different versions. It would be nice if inov8 made both styles available
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

"Either my feet are an odd shape, or other folk don’t care about their toes being squashed up a bit. Personally I like plenty of breathing space for my feet when I put a shoe on and I can’t get away from the fact that Inov-8 shoes are a little too tight around the toe box area for me. This is possibly my only gripe with these shoes, but it’s an issue that I can’t overlook. Perhaps I will have to get used to it?!"

This is the problem I have unfortunately - they kill my bunions.

There's something about how they crease, especially on my right foot, that digs into the top of my big toe joint very painfully.

I've persevered with them to see if it was just a case of wearing in but I don't think it's getting any better.

Inov8 Insider: is there anything you can think of that might remedy this? Like I've heard of people steaming the heelcup to get more flexibility there?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    did he have the old version at any point in order to make a comparison. The shoe is still good but some people prefer different versions. It would be nice if inov8 made both styles available
    Nah hes always ran in walsh before that, but if i put my old orange on against his new yellow ones they have defiantly changed the rubber compound, but like they say they are and awesome shoe.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

I've never used the old ones, but the new ones are dreadful on rock - far too slippery. Mind you they've been great in the snow today.

Super Moderator

I had a pair of the old orange 330s and thought they were a fantastic and versatile shoe. The rubber studs seemed much softer than the new green version. Do the new ones wear any better?

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    "Either my feet are an odd shape, or other folk don’t care about their toes being squashed up a bit. Personally I like plenty of breathing space for my feet when I put a shoe on and I can’t get away from the fact that Inov-8 shoes are a little too tight around the toe box area for me. This is possibly my only gripe with these shoes, but it’s an issue that I can’t overlook. Perhaps I will have to get used to it?!"

This is the problem I have unfortunately - they kill my bunions.

There's something about how they crease, especially on my right foot, that digs into the top of my big toe joint very painfully.
    I know what you mean Zoot. I have a problem between my second and third toes on both feet where the nail of the third toe gets squashed into the second so I just put a plaster on before a run and make sure the nail is trimmed regularly. Apart from that I love mudclaws.
    No country for old men.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    In your opinion II what is better the old or new?
    Tom it's difficult to say as I have lots of shoes, my current Mudclaw 330's have a "sticky" rubber sole and the new double web lacing.
    Eventually all our fell shoes will have sticky rubber.

My current favourite shoe is an OROC that offers awesome grip on ice, snow, green greasy rock.... Infact everything.