Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Really Wild Boar

Big thanks to Simon and howgill for putting it on again, and nice to see Charmain again. She arrived in the boozer just after I'd sent the fire surround flying, which landed on a dog. The dog broke its fall and saved my toes.

I went for supertracs today, and I'm not necessarily regretting it, the v shaped studs work very well in snow, at least as good as pointed studs. I kept running all the way up to the col, and stayed strong on the plateau. I've never run all the track before without dropping to a walk. I felt like a good time might be on the cards, but I also found the descent slow as the snow was obscuring rocks and hiding good lines. I got done my a guy in the last quarter mile, but put at least 3m into the guy who I was behind when the descent began. Someone else knows my line too, there were footprints in the snow. Not seen any results yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    This is one of the very few fell races I regret not having raced; but so many races and so little time.

Do not go gently into that goodnight! Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    All good artists have a late flowering, a brilliant swan song.
    It’s a great race that you should do Mr Breeze.