Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Wild Boar

really Wild Boar Fell race

was really hoping to do this, but 4 weeks on from a bust rib still just shuffling
    i don't want to hear any one saying what a great race race it is
    I'm having an old friend for dinner

Re: really Wild Boar Fell race

Zinal - cover your ears.
    Good new route - I hope the low turnout doesn't put Gary off holding it again - I think it added to the event. I quite enjoyed wandering about my myself over unfamiliar terrain.
    I'd be interested to know whether returning by the outward route was a better choice than the more direct line?

Really Wild Boar - Sat 15th

Is there anybody heading out to this race in the Howgills from anywhere in the Lake District on Saturday. If so could you give me a lift. I am able to go from north or south Lakes, it is only that it would be difficult to get out that way by bus. I can get the bus back no problem.
    Thanks.

Re: Really Wild Boar - Sat 15t

It's alright. I should be fine now. As long as I start from South Lakes I can get there by bus in plenty of time. I don't know how many of you I'll see there as nobody is mentioning it on the forums.

Re: Really Wild Boar - Sat 15t

Word up. I'm going.

But leaving Lakes on bicycle, if weather is good, today and staying in Kirby Stephen.
    Why walk when you can run.

Fellhound

Really (be)Wild(ered) Boar Fel

Fun and games today on Wild Boar Fell! A stray flag from another event, Lots of bewildered runners and an unmanned checkpoint produced a recipe for ... er.. confusion.

So, hands up - who DID'NT actually visit the group of cairns which were designated as the (unmanned) CP3? I did, but was completely alone, only saw a couple of sets of footprints in the mud ahead of me and then found myself further down the field as a result..

The results will be interesting to see....

AW

Talking Re: Really (be)Wild(ered) Boar

I didn't get there either. My own daft fault, deep down as I went accross the summit plateau I thought something was wrong becuse it was too far from where we turned. Should have got my map out!

It was when about six front runners flew past me coming down it dawned on me as I couldn't be that slow descending (could I) and finally Gary Devive flew past me towards the pathI knew.

Nice descent though and even better result in the pub when I won the fell shoes spot prize!

Re: Really (be)Wild(ered) Boar

Has anyone got the details of the first 5 in this race by any chance. Just want to confirm my memory of events. Cheers.

Quality race. top laugh in the pub afterwards even after all the confusion of cp3. The honesty of fellrunners shone through or did it, own up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Quality race. top laugh in the pub afterwards even after all the confusion of cp3. The honesty of fellrunners shone through or did it, own up!!!
    You must have done that shopping quick Goldie !!!!!!