I've just got back from the East Lancs LDWA meeting and the decision was to reluctantly postpone the 25th Two Crosses Circuit, due next Sunday. I have an entry list and recognise many FRA members. The first suitable date (subject to logistics of rebooking etc) is Sunday, March 21st. All entries will be valid for that date. Full information will be posted on the LDWA site in the next couple of days. Just wanted to get the info out quickly to reduce the number of phone calls to the organisers.
Nine of us did a marshals walk last Sunday. We only did the 18 mile route but that took us 7 hours despite a good speed where possible, 5 hours being the expected time in previous years. Speed certainly wasn't possible on White Moss which although enjoyable in a perverse sort of way, would pose too great a risk (especially if the wind speed is anything like today on Winter Hill).
Apologies for starting a new thread, but thought it may get lost in the multi LDWA races thread.
With the safety of competitors the most important, and the forecast that we are unlikely to see significant improvement by Sunday, the decision was clear.
A bit more detail now posted on the East Lancs LDWA site
At least I shall be able to get up after it becomes light (and finish the walk in the light - I'm sweeping).