Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Crosses

Unhappy 2 Crosses

I've just got back from the East Lancs LDWA meeting and the decision was to reluctantly postpone the 25th Two Crosses Circuit, due next Sunday. I have an entry list and recognise many FRA members. The first suitable date (subject to logistics of rebooking etc) is Sunday, March 21st. All entries will be valid for that date. Full information will be posted on the LDWA site in the next couple of days. Just wanted to get the info out quickly to reduce the number of phone calls to the organisers.

Nine of us did a marshals walk last Sunday. We only did the 18 mile route but that took us 7 hours despite a good speed where possible, 5 hours being the expected time in previous years. Speed certainly wasn't possible on White Moss which although enjoyable in a perverse sort of way, would pose too great a risk (especially if the wind speed is anything like today on Winter Hill).

Apologies for starting a new thread, but thought it may get lost in the multi LDWA races thread.

With the safety of competitors the most important, and the forecast that we are unlikely to see significant improvement by Sunday, the decision was clear.

A bit more detail now posted on the East Lancs LDWA site

At least I shall be able to get up after it becomes light (and finish the walk in the light - I'm sweeping).
    Last edited by GordonS; 13-01-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Link to East Lancs LDWA Page added

Re: 2 Crosses put back to Marc

Many thanks for letting us know. Real shame. I thought I might have come out of it nicely - when deciding which events to do last year, there was a clash with the Filey Flier on the same weekend. I opted for 2 Crosses and then when the FF was postponed to 20th March I thought I could do both. Looks like the postponed events will also clash! Never mind.

If anyone's interested in a long social run on Sunday, we'll still be going, although perhaps slightly nearer to Leeds/Otley.

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Many thanks for letting us know. Real shame. I thought I might have come out of it nicely - when deciding which events to do last year, there was a clash with the Filey Flier on the same weekend. I opted for 2 Crosses and then when the FF was postponed to 20th March I thought I could do both. Looks like the postponed events will also clash! Never mind.

If anyone's interested in a long social run on Sunday, we'll still be going, although perhaps slightly nearer to Leeds/Otley.
    It was a case of going though the calendar section of Strider - and of course rearranged FF wouldn't have been listed. Notice it also clashes with Edale Skyline but didn't have my calendar with me at the time.

It's really difficult trying to re-arrange events. We're going to have lots of choice in Feb & March! (assuming it all clears up by then). I wouldn't worry at all about clashing with Edale Skyline at all (my tick is very firmly in the "done that" box!!!!)

shame, but would have been hard going and some of the marshaling points are very exposed........shall recce the Hebden instead on sunday.

It wasn’t a clash for us; we were doing both events with a £9 Travelodge in between, perfect plan. Unfortunately the provisional new dates clash with a long weekend in Wales, with more cheap Travelodges. What to do, hmmm, decisions, decisions.

I've been expecting to hear this for a while now. I'm not surprised. Thanks for giving us advanced warning Gordon.
    It's a shame I won't be able to make the new date as it clashes with the Hardmoors 55.

Gordon
    Thanks for letting us know. Was half expecting it anyway with the recent thaw / re-freeze but still gutted. Was looking forward to this one.

At least now I can attend my mums birthday party (am I a bad son?)

Fingers crossed for the Anglezarke Amble.

Quote Originally Posted by kevspider View Post
    Gordon
    Thanks for letting us know. Was half expecting it anyway with the recent thaw / re-freeze but still gutted. Was looking forward to this one.

At least now I can attend my mums birthday party (am I a bad son?)

Fingers crossed for the Anglezarke Amble.
    Same here - it will be my debut for the full distance - done it as a training run a few times over the years. Will no doubt have a battle with the rest of the wfdbwgua crew.

What a shame. I'm hoping to do the hardmoors 55 that day.
    Don't mean to sound tight but is there any chance of a refund?
    Was looking forward to the challenge on sunday too.