Page 485 of 553 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Banned
    Ha ha I saw the last 15mins and thought it was a joke with the decisions.

Kane missing the penalty as well hitting it straight down the middle was poor.

Never mind Super league is up and running.

Banned
    Will Man City get to a 100 points?
    27 to play for.
    They need 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    27 to play for.
    They need 22.
    Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    27 to play for.
    They need 22.
    I personally think they will fall slightly short. Once the title is won, the hunger will drop off for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Who cares
    yes football is a bit of a joke nowadays. Guardiola spent hundreds of millions and it didn't happen the first season. So spent hundreds of millions again last summer, and they have the best team, and now it's all because he's some kind of managerial supremo. Bollocks.

I absolutely detest football at the top level now, especially in this country. Whether that is a bit more than coincidence that my team have dropped like an anvil out of the top divisions, I don't know. But I like to think that it's because I finally got into some sports which require real effort for very little 'material' reward.

Italian football is the best for me. The passion of the Italian fans for the game is still there, even at the big teams. And the usual accusations thrown at Italian football (cheating, negative play, etc) are pretty much prevalent throughout the world now.

Once again trouble and violence around a match involving Liverpool F.C. And once again it is not the fault of the little angels that follow them. Always the victims, bless them.

At the risk of upsetting anyone on what is a friendly forum, I'll keep my opinions on this to myself. But safe to say that it is a subject I am passionate about, and my views on Liverpool fans are far from complimentary.

Safe to say that the pictures of Liverpool fans carrying hammers yesterday will not be widely reported in this country.

Football was my passion for a long time, before I got into some 'real' sports, and while I somewhat regret all the time and money wasted, the passions still run deep for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    At the risk of upsetting anyone on what is a friendly forum, I'll keep my opinions on this to myself. But safe to say that it is a subject I am passionate about, and my views on Liverpool fans are far from complimentary.

Safe to say that the pictures of Liverpool fans carrying hammers yesterday will not be widely reported in this country.

Football was my passion for a long time, before I got into some 'real' sports, and while I somewhat regret all the time and money wasted, the passions still run deep for me.
    The fan carrying a hammer was from Roma. Let yourself down badly with that. Don't let pesky detail get in the way of prejudice. I've watched Liverpool twice in Rome, my friend missed the 2nd game in 2001 having been stabbed. There were mass stabbings, literally scores of them, by Roma fans against Liverpool fans in 1984, and again in 2001. Middlesboro 2006, Utd 2007, Spurs (Lazio), Arsenal 2009, Chelsea last year, have suffered similar incidents in the same city. UEFA announced they were 'deeply shocked' by the actions of Roma's ultras at Anfield last night - quite how shocked you can be when it happens so regularly is moot. A 50+ year old Irish Liverpool fan fights for his life following unprovoked attacks from a gang of 30+ Roma hooligans wielding buckled bets, iron bars, and yes a hammer on Breck Road.

May well have got that detail wrong, but that's the report I saw. I'd certainly contest that the attacks were "unprovoked" after speaking to an Englishman (neutral fan) who was in Liverpool on Tuesday.

I'm actually a huge fan of Italian football and in fact I've been to more Italian games than English over the last couple of years, most of them in the various ultra ends (including the Rome Derby), so I'm well aware of the reputation and history of the various Ultra groups.

I've also been going to football in this country home and away for over 25 years, and could reel off a list of Liverpool fans misdemeanours that would roll off the bottom of the page. Some Liverpool group's behaviour is pretty shocking, and they are no strangers to using weapons.

Sorry to hear about your friend being stabbed.

Banned
    Man City Team Bus????

Super Moderator
    Enough of the tribal banter me thinks

Who’s going to win the European and FA cups then?

I’m going for Liverpool and Man U, neither of which is ‘ my team ‘ - I’m not a fan of clubs who play in red jerseys 😉