Page 385 of 553 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Must be frustrating being an Arsenal fan. Why don't they play like that every week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Must be frustrating being an Arsenal fan. Why don't they play like that every week ?
    It is, but when they play like that it's ace!!! Most times recently it has been just downright depressing butstill in the Cup, so can't moan too much, last few years there has been nowt to play for come Feb let alone march / april!!!

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    It is, but when they play like that it's ace!!! Most times recently it has been just downright depressing butstill in the Cup, so can't moan too much, last few years there has been nowt to play for come Feb let alone march / april!!!
    Very true Biara. A top four finish and the FA Cup would be a great season for us Gooners - our run in isn't too bad after Everton next week so who knows eh?!

The plane seems to have had the opposite effect than was desired. The media and fans now appear to be backing Moyes...Brilliant news.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Good weekend for Liverpool. Starting to think we might actually have a chance to win the league. Need to win all our remaining games though, particularly Chelsea and City and Anfield.

Arsenal did us a favour by turning up. Crystal Palace an even bigger favour. Mourinho knows how to talk rubbish for a living though.

Even nicer to see that Man Utd are completely irrelevant. Time to get used to mid-table obscurity for a few years.
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

Liverpool have so far been lucky

Not with their football which has been excellent but with Suarez staying free of injury and being very consistent in his play and goal scoring. Without him for periods I think they would be around Everton's position and Brendan Rodgers will need to strengthen his team for next season to keep the challenge going when the injuries strike. You only have to look at the injury lists for Arsenal, Everton and Spurs to see the difference in the Top 3 and Top 6. I think Liverpool are the best 'team' in the Premiership but they have some tough matches against City and Chelsea and a returning Aguero and a rejuvenated Silva will take some stopping!

Suarez gets my player of the season award though providing he doesn't bite anyone before it ends of course

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Liverpool have so far been lucky

Not with their football which has been excellent but with Suarez staying free of injury and being very consistent in his play and goal scoring. Without him for periods I think they would be around Everton's position and Brendan Rodgers will need to strengthen his team for next season to keep the challenge going when the injuries strike. You only have to look at the injury lists for Arsenal, Everton and Spurs to see the difference in the Top 3 and Top 6. I think Liverpool are the best 'team' in the Premiership but they have some tough matches against City and Chelsea and a returning Aguero and a rejuvenated Silva will take some stopping!

Suarez gets my player of the season award though providing he doesn't bite anyone before it ends of course
    Alf I think the fact we can draw at Liverpool and Everton puts us in a pretty strong position. And that's if Liverpool win every one of their other games. I think we'll both probably draw or lose a game more than expected but the fact we have a slight cushion AND incredible form which very few are actually talking about means I am pretty happy with where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Alf I think the fact we can draw at Liverpool and Everton puts us in a pretty strong position. And that's if Liverpool win every one of their other games. I think we'll both probably draw or lose a game more than expected but the fact we have a slight cushion AND incredible form which very few are actually talking about means I am pretty happy with where we are.
    danbert, I don't care who wins it as long as it isn't the dippers.

Don't forget your first aid kits tonight at OT...could be a massacre..

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Don't forget your first aid kits tonight at OT...could be a massacre..
    I'm dreading tonight. I hope Rafael isn't playing tonight or we'll be down to 10 men.