Page 431 of 553 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481531 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Giggs has retired.. No. 2 to Van Gaal as anticipated..

Milner wants out of City... rats, sinking ship springs to mind... tick tock...

Just turned cable on, have ESPN for the summer.. world cup time...

Banned
    I remember a mate going to Scholes retirement game a couple of years ago so it means nowt what Giggs has said.

How long has it take to announce what we all have known for 2 weeks?

A fan said on the radio it's following the utd model, I almost crashed laughing, remember Moyes he was the model too.

How long will this guy last?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I remember a mate going to Scholes retirement game a couple of years ago so it means nowt what Giggs has said.

How long has it take to announce what we all have known for 2 weeks?

A fan said on the radio it's following the utd model, I almost crashed laughing, remember Moyes he was the model too.

How long will this guy last?

All it really means is that we can now officially hate the fat necked, clog wearing, wrinkly sod .
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post

All it really means is that we can now officially hate the fat necked, clog wearing, wrinkly sod .
    You're losing it... I expected a new witty nickname...

Worrying how Rooney will fit in under him, could go either way, but RVP looks set to be captain.. we'll see, he harmed his image last season as he was clearly not giving his all..

Otherwise decent appointment and good with Giggs as number 2.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post

Otherwise decent appointment and good with Giggs as number 2.
    I don't see what Giggs can bring to the party. Its another fergie man and we know what happened with his suggestion.

Time will tell but I don't see your lot in the CL next season Iain.

I don't see what Giggs can bring to the party. Its another fergie man and we know what happened with his suggestion.

A decade a go I'd have believed you.. any player who can go from a flighty winger to playing over 1000 games for United and Wales over a 25 year period knows football and finishing up as a center midfielder. He knows the club, knows the ethos, the players respect him. He's hugely important.

He's won more trophies than anyone in the game, 13 titles to lampards 3.. to Gerrards 0.. he's won more than any other club in English football other than Liverpool.. You don't play 1000 games over a 25 year period and not learn about the game.

I dont think Moyes was a Fergie man, he was one he picked, not shaped over 25 years... Giggs plays the Ferguson way because that is all he has known.

Never had you down as one of Danbert's alter-egos Stagger! Van Gaal is absolutely the right man to lead Utd at the current time and Giggs knows the club and players inside out.

I'll have a forum name change bet with you then...? The winner chooses the loser's forum name for a full season.

Super Moderator
    Man Utd have to be favorites for the league next season. Tick, tock . . .
    Poacher turned game-keeper

My prediction for next year:

1) Chelsea
    2) Man City
    3) Man Utd
    4) Arsenal
    5) Everton
    6) Liverpool
    7) Tottenham

I think Liverpool's small squad will struggle with the additional games this coming season, otherwise I would have placed them higher.

Mourinho is a winner. He'll be smarting from this season and the right signings will be made over the summer.

Not convinced on Pellegrini yet. Man City undoubtedly have the strongest squad yet in their two premier league triumphs, they've left it to the last day (one under Mancini). City should have walked the league last season, on paper at least, but looked out of it with a few games to go.

United - we won't win it this coming season but Van Gaal is a winner and won't accept failure like this year. You won't be hearing defeatist talk like 'Liverpool are the favourites', 'We'll do our best' or 'We aspire to be like City'.

Arsenal - could be higher, depending on their signings over the summer and whether Wenger gets lucky with them like he used to.

Everton - Martinez to build on a solid first season and knock on the door of a champs league place. The loss of Lukaku will hit them though and I expect them to finish outside the money spots.

Spurs - No reason required. Will always be perennial underachievers under Daniel Levy.
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 20-05-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Yaya Toure wants out because the club didn't celebrate his birthday... Ahhh bless him..