Page 432 of 553 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Yaya Toure wants out because the club didn't celebrate his birthday... Ahhh bless him..

Tick Tock....

I'd love Toure to actually leave over this, particularly as they completely depend upon him. Think it may just be Toure positioning himself for a wage increase though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Tick Tock....

I'd love Toure to actually leave over this, particularly as they completely depend upon him. Think it may just be Toure positioning himself for a wage increase though.
    Man City, the gift that keeps on giving.....

Toure has said on twitter that it's true what his agent said!

https://twitter.com/Toure_yaya42/sta...52594631143424

Massive club.
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 20-05-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Man City, the gift that keeps on giving.....

Toure has said on twitter that it's true what his agent said!

https://twitter.com/Toure_yaya42/sta...52594631143424

Massive club.
    brilliant.. City never fail... TBH at 31 I think he only has a couple of seasons in him, class player but seems to play when he wants to.

Adios Yaya, thanks for the memories.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

How can you make a prediction on next season. You don,t know what players are going to be signed by any of the clubs. You need nearly new team. When does Van Gaal starts his job he won't have much time to get to know is squad If he makes RVP Captain Rooney won't be happy.Third place you will be lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by duncz View Post
    s. You need nearly new team.

Are you still spouting this nonsense... as a Liverpool fan who went from 7th > 2nd with essentially the same team..

We're pretty much the same team which were champions 12 months ago, we've lost a few older players. I think 2 key signings will be plenty.. add the youth, we'll be fine...

Toure is doing the classic.. 31.. one last big contract... wait 2 years and he's 33 no big contract..

Give Rodgers the credit for the for the improvement from seventh to second. He improved the team with limited funds also he missed out on some players because of no champions league.I see no reason why we can't get stronger next season but so will other teams. To predict next season positions is now is just silly. Van Gaal is going to be pre-occupied with Holland so don't expect instant results from him. You keep saying that you need only 2 key players. You need a new midfield and defence.

Give Rodgers the credit for the for the improvement from seventh to second. He improved the team with limited funds also he missed out on some players because of no champions league.I see no reason why we can't get stronger next season but so will other teams. To predict next season positions is now is just silly. Van Gaal is going to be pre-occupied with Holland so don't expect instant results from him. You keep saying that you need only 2 key players. You need a new midfield and defence.
    We could do with a new centre half, full back and center mid, Evans, Smalling and Jones have been key parts for the past 2 seasons one of which we were champions.. we need a center mid, but you needed one last year, and look at Henderson... one defender and a center mid and we'll have a strong season... Carrick has a few years in but I fail to see why Cleverly can't be taken on a level... people are keen to say how good Martinez is and he's after him and had him at Wigan....

We need a few players but I think a key central mid and a left back will see us fine, 3-4 will make us champions...

We have Rooney, Welbeck, Van Persie, Chico, Wilson up front.. 5 goal scorers...

Midfield: Mata, Kagawa, Cleverly, Carrick, Fletcher, Januzaj, Young, Valencia, Zaha, Feliaini... most of them have done well at other top clubs or United...

Defence: Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Buttner, Keane

Keeper De Gea.. about the best there is..

In the attacking half we have Rooney, RVP, Kagawa, Mata, Welbeck, Januzaj.. 6 dangerous very good players... Back in 2003 many of you lot were saying we'd never win anything under Fergie again and a decade later we had another CL and a bag full more titles... so these definitive statements are strange.. the team is still packed full of winners.

To say we need a new team just shows monstrous ignorance of english and world football...
    Last edited by IainR; 20-05-2014 at 09:26 PM.

If all the players you mention are that good why are you spending £150 million on new players.

How can you make a prediction on next season. You don,t know what players are going to be signed by any of the clubs. You need nearly new team. When does Van Gaal starts his job he won't have much time to get to know is squad If he makes RVP Captain Rooney won't be happy.Third place you will be lucky!
    Van Gaal knows European football and why do you think Giggs has been appointed number 2? It's the manager's call on who the captain is so Rooney will just have to accept it; I imagine his £300k a week salary will help distract him.

Man Utd & Everton will finish above Liverpool this season. I know you want Utd to do a Liverpool but it's just not gonna happen.

We must not slip up.