Page 482 of 553 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 5528

Thread: Tonight's football thread

Banned
    Should Mr Wenger say for another 2 years or step down to give another manager a change?

I've always preferred Arsenal to do well out of the 'big clubs'... But I really hope Wenger leaves and they have a massive fall from grace... Their fans seem to think they have a right to be competing at the top end. Christ they've never even been relegated, let alone really suffered like a lot of clubs.

I think Wenger has lost the plot (if he ever had it)

Just looking at his current squad, I'd say he has one out and out striker in Giroud.

If Agüero, Costa, Ibrahimovic are top class, Giroud is just behind them. His record is almost 1 goal every 2 games and even this year he has 9 premier league goals from 21 appearances, the majority off the bench.

So if you have one decent striker, why shun him as Wenger seems to do?

He persists with Xhaka who is clearly not good enough on what he has shown so far.

In what is likely to be a battle at Palace, he leaves Ramsey and Coquelin on the bench and plays Xhaka alongside the lightweight Elneny.

So his judgement seems poor at the moment.

Then look to the youngsters. Has Walcott fulfilled his potential? Wilshere? Oxlade-Chamberlain? Gibbs? He really hasn't brought on British or overseas youngsters.

Some of his signings are questionable. Some I have mentioned, but Mustafi, Hleb, Rosicky... there are many going back 10 years that haven't worked out.

His earlier successes with Vierra and Henry appear to be more luck now and the early success he had were perhaps built more on the old George Graham back 4 along with Bergkamp, Wright, Parlour, Seaman... ie players that were there when he arrived to which he added 2-3 decent signings.

Remember Graham won leagues, cups and Cup Winners Cup. In his tenure at Arsenal he won 6 major trophies in 9 years compared to Wengers 9 in 21 years.

So arguably Graham had a better record and he left the team in very good shape, something Wenger doesn't look likely to do.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Good entertainment watching the FA semi.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Good entertainment watching the FA semi.
    Spurs played superb - but they were up against Chelsea.

Decent game entertainment-wise, but a prime of example of everything that is wrong with English football.

Why is the semi final being played at Wembley? Completely devalues the final itself. It's,obviously to pay for the new Wembley, which if they couldn't afford, they should never have built. A metaphor for the way most clubs are ran in this country.

That penalty st the end of the first half, absolute disgrace, the guy was diving over before the defender even got to him. And the pundit blames the defender for 'lunging in'.... Why can't anyone simply say what they see, that it was an out and out example of a dive, pure cheating.

I have to say that getting into other sports made me realise what an utter disgrace football is nowadays.

Banned
    Agree with you travs, it was a pi$$ take.

And the officials missed the goalie handling outside the area.

Banned
    Bottlers Spurs are at it again

3rd in a 2 horse race last year and here we go again

Banned
    Just play-offs and FA cup to go now.

Double for Chelsea?

I think if Leicester have a reasonable summer (meaning they don't lose half their team and manager) then they will be top 6 if not top 4 next season.