Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being asked for ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    I got asked for ID to buy booze in Morrisons the other week. The girl on the checkout looked just about 18, I'm 32. Fortunately I'd been to open a new bank account earlier and had my passport in my pocket. She looked at the date of birth saying "1974?" That far back was just ancient history to the poor girl - you could almost hear the cogs grinding round in her head! I said "Yes love, I'm 32"

It was funny more than embarassing, especially since I was obviously buying a load of other groceries and not just booze.

For me, I would suspicious to the fact you "just so happened to have your passport with you!"
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Incidentally, on the subject of being asked for ID, check out:

No2ID

Scary stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by No2ID (with amendments)
    There's a lot of confusion about the government's proposed national identity scheme, and it doesn't help that No2ID gives misleading information.
    Some website post a lot of nonsense:
    e.g.
    Quote Originally Posted by No2ID
    so that you can fingerprint Aunt Mabel and track her to her holiday home in Cleethorpes, and make Jack pass a hostile interrogation before you let him go on his gap-year.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    For me, I would suspicious to the fact you "just so happened to have your passport with you!"

Did they ask you if you wanted any special offer semtex for your shoes???

(LOL I bet that word coupling is going to set the security filters off at MI5!!!)