Thread: Advice for a BGR

Advice for a BGR

Fellow Fell Runners,

I have been an avid fell runner for the past 4 years and the time has come to attempt to realise my dream(and many others) of completing a successful BGR.

Ideally I was thinking of attempting one in June/July along with many other BGR attempts. I would also like to plan and attempt this as much by myself as possible.

As much as fell running is my passion, I am not a member of a true fell running club and so was considering(and have been considering for some while) putting in a second claim and benefitting from the knowledge and experience of other fell runners, particularly anyone who has completed a BGR.

Basically can anyone help or provide any advice on the above. I know I must be one of many posting threads like this but any help/ advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Jock.

Re: Advice for a BGR

loads of stuff on the web especially on bob's site.

There is a link on my blog, if you look back to last year you can see the training I was doing before my attempt.

Any questions give me a shout

Just to note that the link from Donkarlo's blog is to the old address. The current address is in my signature.
    If you need help - pacers etc then ask here as there are invaribly people willing to help out.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Hi Jock,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock View Post
    Ideally I was thinking of attempting one in June/July along with many other BGR attempts. I would also like to plan and attempt this as much by myself as possible.
    when you say "along with many other BGR attempts" do you just mean wrt time of year, or might you be tagging along with a club "machine" attempt?
    or do you want to organise your own supporters from scratch?

As much as fell running is my passion, I am not a member of a true fell running club and so was considering(and have been considering for some while) putting in a second claim and benefitting from the knowledge and experience of other fell runners, particularly anyone who has completed a BGR.
    where abouts are you based? might help with club suggestions...

are you planning any recces/training in the Lakes?
    post details on the Recce section and you'll usually get a few people to join you...

Basically can anyone help or provide any advice on the above. I know I must be one of many posting threads like this but any help/ advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Jock.
    anything in particular on your mind atm?
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Just to note that the link from Donkarlo's blog is to the old address. The current address is in my signature.
    Thanks Bob should be corrected to the new address now, thought I had already done it but must not have saved it

There used to be an automatic redirect on the old site so you may not have noticed. There's nothing but tumbleweed there now

Currently frustrated as I'm stuck with work in Atlanta not many hills around here...

I'm about halfway through updating the whole site but at current rate of progress it will be April or May before it's done. There will be some interesting changes!
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back