Hills and Guinness!

Re: Greetings From Wakefield

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Thought you were taller than me???
    I was stood on a milk crate you just didn't notice
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post

Having enjoyed the 'HvC', a neighbour told me about the 'Penistone Footpath Runners & AC' organised 'Trunces' (a series undoubtedly familiar to the Yorkshire/Derbyshire runners), as his daughters ran the junior series
    Just for the record Richard, and to be pedandic about it , the Trunce is an independantly run set of races - nothing to do with PFRac - even though the organisor is our chairman and alot of the helpers are PFR members
    Mr Plum would tell you this himself but he probably dosn't have the time to read all this at the mo

Enjoy season 2010 - first one 29th March
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Quote Originally Posted by piglet View Post
    Just for the record Richard, and to be pedandic about it , the Trunce is an independantly run set of races - nothing to do with PFRac - even though the organisor is our chairman and alot of the helpers are PFR members
    Mr Plum would tell you this himself but he probably dosn't have the time to read all this at the mo

piglet, we've you been? are you coming out with Bob for the last race of the winter Monday series

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Thought you were taller than me???
    Hi Richard, been working in Wakefield today, nice city, friendly folk
    It's a nice historic city with some wonderful buildings, & countryside, but far too scruffy (rubbish blowing about the streets)

Sorry, I stand corrected
    That's been in my diary/on the year-planner since the 2010 dates appeared on the Trunce 'www'

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    piglet, we've you been? are you coming out with Bob for the last race of the winter Monday series
    Oh god I know - im rubbish - firstly the snow was a problem - and now we have a Puppy (Derek) to look after - and now I have a nasty cold - not run since last Wednesday - I even missed our last handicap/pie n peas last night

AND - Mr piglet cracked a rib falling OVER his bike the other week

Im hoping to be clear of cold by the end of the week and the ribs alot better - so you never know - we could BOTH be there next mon fingers crossed. This needs to happen as were in the Gallop and Mr p could have an entry to the PPP
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Oh god I know - im rubbish - firstly the snow was a problem - and now we have a Puppy (Derek) to look after - and now I have a nasty cold - not run since last Wednesday - I even missed our last handicap/pie n peas last night

AND - Mr piglet cracked a rib falling OVER his bike the other week

Im hoping to be clear of cold by the end of the week and the ribs alot better - so you never know - we could BOTH be there next mon fingers crossed. This needs to happen as were in the Gallop and Mr p could have an entry to the PPP
    Excellent (that you might be coming not the cold and rib thing)

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Sorry to push this one back 'into the daylight', but...............

Are there any 'Forumites' in the Wakefield, or closely surrounding, area who may be free on certain (mutually agreeable) days for local runs, be they road (yes I know, boring), or trail/XC?

Plus, is there anyone who rides a road-bike in the vicinity, the Club lads are too quick for me at this time of year
    The cyclo-cross season has finished, & my furthest rides have only really been to work & back since the new year, so I'm out of condition

Travelling to meet up may take a bit more arranging now as despite what I wrote in my opening post states..............
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    Other interests; (just in case anyone else shares them, or indeed has managed to read this far!)
    Land Rovers (on my 5th now)
    I sold my Defender (a Td5 powered 110 County Station Wagon) on Saturday 20th February.
    It was replaced the same day with a 'blue van', a Ford C-Max!!! (a petrol version too, despite SWMBO being requested to look at diesel estates!)
    SWMBO tends to claim it for travelling to work.

Now I have to put a written request in detailing when I require transportation

Roll on the day I can buy another Landie (I want a 'mint' Range Rover Tdi Classic, or a 101FC)
    Last edited by RichardAThackeray; 08-03-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

i live wakefield way, do quite a few races/mm and try and book time out (from family) for a run in the dales or down to dark peak area, im not much into running on the roads though. I do a bit of biking but im not a roady i have a mtb, altho dont use it off road though. if you fancy a run round somewhere let mw know, langset barn and the mickleden straddle route is only 25-30 mins from wakefield and a good run out or theres variations, im not quick though