Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wardle Skyline

Wardle Skyline - 28 April

Any other non 3-peakers planning on doing this fast and furious moorland race on 28 April?

As its a quick easy drive along the M62 from Leeds I'm hoping to make it my first fell race since Rivock Edge in November.

disco stan

Re: Wardle Skyline - 28 April

Only 20 minutes away for me. I'll have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Any other non 3-peakers planning on doing this fast and furious moorland race on 28 April?

As its a quick easy drive along the M62 from Leeds I'm hoping to make it my first fell race since Rivock Edge in November.
    will they accept 1 legged runners? i have learnt to hop well over the kast 12-15 months!
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    will they accept 1 legged runners? i have learnt to hop well over the kast 12-15 months!
    You'll be hopping mad if they refuse to accept you - and I'm sure you'd still beat me even if you were half legless!!

Master and MR

i think i did this beauty last yr
    is this the one with the cobbley track at the end that goes on and on she just keeps on trying , every day i just keep on crying , on and on , on and on
    ooops i got sidetracked , sorry
    err its a cracker
    bloody windy last yr

That's the one Daz

It starts in the square in Wardle village, goes up the cobbled lane to the Dam of Watergrove Reser, left along the bottom of the damn and then up to Brown Wardle, Middle Hill, Rough Hill over Crook Moor and down to Shore then along the track to the finish in almost the same place as the start.

I suppose as fell races go this would be classed as fast going most of the way though i've always found it tough, particularly the sections between Middle and Rough Hill which are usually boggy.

I've always had to fast walk The 'sheer' climb sections up Brown Wardle and Middle Hill and as you say the last half mile or so along the track to the finish seems to go on forever.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

The only year I've previously run it (2000) it was relatively dry underfoot and not too windy- hence my description of it as being fast and furious, and explains why my time for 54th place then was faster than Daz's for 17th(?) last year, and yes that run in does go on and on........

I am going to do this one this year as i wimped out last year cause i was with the girlfriend all morning and then i had my kit in a car I met Notonurhelly and average punter at this race

I remember seeing you lurking in the village square last year, Roger. Won't be doing it this year as I am meant to be doing the 3 Peaks the day after and a lightweight such as myself can't hack 2 races on consecutive days.

If I recall correctly, at last year's prize giving NotOnUrHelly won one of the ladies' prizes due to his illegible entry form
    Everybody's heart doesn't beat the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post

I'm certainly planning on doing it (I live less than a mile away so it would be considered almost rude not to)

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    That's the one Daz

It starts in the square in Wardle village, goes up the cobbled lane to the Dam of Watergrove Reser, left along the bottom of the damn and then up to Brown Wardle, Middle Hill, Rough Hill over Crook Moor and down to Shore then along the track to the finish in almost the same place as the start.

I suppose as fell races go this would be classed as fast going most of the way though i've always found it tough, particularly the sections between Middle and Rough Hill which are usually boggy.

I've always had to fast walk The 'sheer' climb sections up Brown Wardle and Middle Hill and as you say the last half mile or so along the track to the finish seems to go on forever.
    Danbert, I've done this race when you could run it in road shoes (or at least I did), however last year was the muddiest I've known it. Will we see you there ??