Thread: Good Podiatrist In Leeds area

Good Podiatrist In Leeds area

Can any one recomend a Good Podiatrist in the Leeds Bradford area

Re: Good Podiatrist In Leeds a

If you think orthotics might help, ask your GP to send you to St James Orthotics Department, where Tarsem, who sometimes runs the HPTT, can give you made to measure NHS orthotics absolutely free. Once referred, after that you can re-refer yourself whenever you need a re-assessment or your orthotics refurbishing, without having to go back to your GP. The snag is, you will have to wait for your appointment and at each stage of the process.

In my bitter experience, private podiatrists ALWAYS think you need orthotics, which cost several hundred £. I saw one in Sheffield who hardly bothered to ask me to take my socks off, he was so keen to get to the interesting question - whether I wanted the £200 orthotics which would only last 1 year or the dearer ones which might last longer. By contrast, I once saw an NHS podiatrist in Leeds who took endless trouble, watching me walk up and down barefoot, measuring my feet etc.

In the end it was a physio who sussed that my foot and ankle problems were in fact due basically to my faulty posture, and also gave my foot a break by strapping it up. But as well as trying to do what he told me, I also still use my NHS orthotics, which have been greatly improved since I first began using them. And with Tarsem I get a little chat about running thrown in.

Re: Good Podiatrist In Leeds a

I used to go to Huddersfield Uni which is a training dept. You need a GP referral though and have to fit around term times/exams etc. Last time I had to pay the grand sum of £3 for the orthotic (this was the cost of the off the shelf that they then modified).

Get seen by students but then a lecturer gives you a full check over.

Now down at Rochdale where the consultant and podiatrist work in a team. Very good and totally free but an incovenient location.