Thread: Running High Rip-off (Bath)

Running High Rip-off (Bath)

Anybody see the report on BBC Watchdog last night?

Running High Events Ltd

This type of problem gives road running and it "professional" organisation a bad name.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Re: Running High Rip-off (Bath

Would be nice if 'we' as a running community could get the word around to boycott events organised by Running High. Not sure how much of an affect it would have as I'd guess the average runner in events organised by this company are not club runners.

Running High Ltd appear to be the Company formed to organise the Bath Half Marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Running High
    VENUE ROAD CLOSURES & PARKING SUSPENSIONS
    The roads immediately adjacent to Great Pulteney Street will be closed to all traffic, and all parking will be suspended, from 7.00am-4.30pm, as in previous years
    Vehicles parked on roads adjacent to the venue will be removed without further notice to a secure compound by contractors engaged by the event and subject to removal costs of £105. Phone 01225 448025 for recovery
    COURSE ROUTE ROAD CLOSURES & PARKING SUSPENSIONS
    Complete closures will apply on both carriageways of the entire race route and adjoining bridges from 10.30am and will progressively be lifted after 1.45-2.30pm, as in previous years
    Parking will also be suspended on the race route from 7.00am-3.00pm. Vehicles parked on the race route will be removed without further notice to a secure compound by contractors engaged by the event and subject to removal costs of £105. Phone 01225 448025 for recovery
    Items in red are my emphasis.

I would have thought that those members of the public who have had their cars impounded by the contractor hired by Running High Ltd. should be able claim theft of their vehicles.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

IMHO the company seems to have not put out notices in the time agreed between themselves and the council. When I first used closures of a route officially, the council suggested I take photos to prove they were in place. With this race, it would be too big a job, but they could invest in leaflet deliveries with the profits from the race (and this years towage charges!!!)
    I hope the residents won, as they were not given enough warning.
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?