Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Calderdale Hike

Re: Calderdale Hike

yep im all done too , map done bag packed just weather too check and shorts or tights descion in the morning . going to make it up as i go along on the iffy bits and have a steady plod round and enjoy the day. see you all there :thumbup:

Interesting run today- think we had every weather bar torrential rain (thank goodness).
    On paper I wasn't sure I liked the 'new' route and ceratinly the tussocks after Hoof Stones and the long road at the end took their toll, but on reflection it was nice to have the challenge of a new route. Thanks to all the marshalls who were efficient and cheerful as usual. Nice to chat to so many and thansk to those who kept me going

You had a good run Karen after looking like you were struggling early on. Well Done. Marshalls, as always were great, thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Sorry i missed you old un, were you running with britnick from the start? Wish i was doing the fellsman again after today, but wife's birthday on the 28th so have to wait till Old Counties Tops for another long un.

Thanks all concerned
    Hills and Guinness!

Steve,

You looked to be going well yourself when I saw you at Penistone CP?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampig View Post
    Steve,

You looked to be going well yourself when I saw you at Penistone CP?
    Aye, got round in 7 and a half hours, pleased with that, felt good all day, felt better after 3 pints of Guinness after, good to see you mate:wink:
    Hills and Guinness!

Well done Steve that's a brilliant time. Shame it clashed with Coledale otherwise I'd have done it this year.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Stagger View Post
    Well done Steve that's a brilliant time. Shame it clashed with Coledale otherwise I'd have done it this year.
    Cheers Linda, Coledale's a nice route, only run the race once but always have a run round there when staying in Braithwaite. Hope you ad a good un.
    Hills and Guinness!

i agree with karen an intresting day on new ground , we made a few "intresting" navigational choices and did 8.20 so a bit slower than id planned but had a good training day for fellsman and a few chats with a few freinds and made a couple more. i looked out for you steve but didnt see you mate i did start with nick which was as always a pleasure and met drunken euphoria and finished with claire so all in all a good day out a big thankyou to all the marshalls and organizers for all there time and work.

Good time on your feet training for the Fellsman mate, i made a right arse of nav from delph end to jerusalem farm, so much for my local knowledge, put my running partner through some heather bashing to get back on track
    Great bloke is Nick, a good pony day out, all the best for the Fellsman old un:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

cheers steve hopefully get to meet you somewhere down the line, hes a top bloke. i chose a couple of bad lines but found a couple of good ones too