Thread: Lakeland LDWA Events

Lakeland LDWA Events

This is bit overdue, but I promised I would post about it on the forum:

At the recent Four Lakeland Passes LDWA event (27th Sep) it was announced that the organising team was operating with minimum numbers and that if things don't improve, the chances are that 4LP may not go ahead next year. Bob Mitchell - who is the driving force behind this and other events - has been forced to cancel the Derwentwater Amble for next year and appeals to all past participants to volunteer for marshalling duties at one or more of the events over the next couple of years.

I know that a lot of fell runners enjoy these both Four Lakeland Passes, the Silverdale Round and the Derwentwater Amble - it would be a crying shame if they were to stop simply for want of a few extra marshalls. I'm gutted that the DA isn't happening next year, I'd already got it pencilled in to my calendar

Bob can be contacted on [email protected]
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Good post Martyn.

I've done the 4 Lakeland passes event a few times inc a grand day out this year, i'd agree it'd be a shame if it just disappears along with the other events.

i've mailed off Bob to say i'd be happy to help out on at least one of them.

cheers - Mark...

There was support for today's excellent Spring in Lakeland event from at least 3 forumites.

I spent 6 very pleasant hours jogging along and chatting to a nice chap who turned out to be Don't Fear The Sweeper.
    WelshLinda was also taking part and kindly helped my to pronounce the name of my new Clwb vest (Clwb Rhedwyr Brycheiniog).

Interestingly, despite lovely weather there was a high number of 'no-shows'. One possible explanation is that LDWA entry fees are such good value that people enter without feeling too committed to actually turning up.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies