Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Calderdale Hike

Re: Calderdale Hike

Thay do ask you to carry os not just print outs. Been up Hoof stones tonight hard work across boundery fence, water up to my knees. Still undecided on route choice.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Have a good`un folks,

I am not running Calderdale this year having chosen to do Coledale Horseshoe race as a return to a bit more Fellrunning.

Doing Fellsman though:thumbup:
    I'm not doing Calderdale either. Off to Lakeland instead :thumbup:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Knee deep ! Something to look forward to then. May have to look at pemissive path then.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I'm not doing Calderdale either. Off to Lakeland instead :thumbup:

Good choice sleet and snow forecast for the fells, are you doing Coledale ?

Sorry guys back on topic enjoy Calderdale all.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Still coughing after last weekend's cold. I just hope I feel a lot better by tomorrow night. If not, it looks like I'll have to miss this year. I'm not a happy bunny at the moment, but...the only way is up...
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Good choice sleet and snow forecast for the fells, are you doing Coledale ?

Sorry guys back on topic enjoy Calderdale all.
    Just a couple of social runs planned John. Have fun at Coledale
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Dead on my feet View Post
    Thay do ask you to carry os not just print outs. Been up Hoof stones tonight hard work across boundery fence, water up to my knees. Still undecided on route choice.
    When I was there is late March (before the hot spell), it was soggy up on Hoof Stones, but not tragic. In any case, I think Hoof Stones Heights can be enjoyed: boggy, but a nice spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Just a couple of social runs planned John. Have fun at Coledale
    Sorry you won't be at Calderdale, DT. You passed me on the Haworth Hobble heading up Moorside Lane and dragged me to the finish as I didn't want to take any wrong turnings in Haworth. I was hoping for something similar tomorrow. Have a great weekend in the Lakes anyway.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead on my feet View Post
    Dead on my feet - it wasn't you I bumped into whilst trying to fathom the maze of paths around Cragg Vale on Thursday afternoon was it?

Right then, all set just about. I've got a new emergency blanket from Pete Blands as per Karens suggestion. I've got photocopies of the OS sections so that I don;'t have to carry the full OS map - does anyone think this should be ok? The weather is looking ok now, but I'm sure it will be nice and wet underfoot. After trying to reccie the Hoof Stones bit in thick clag last Sunday, I am still none the wiser so will go with the masses on that one. With regard to the earlier question about Nab End to Errington Grange route choice, I am going with the route from Nab End to Windle Hill house, down to Hollin Hey, down a narrow walled lane which meets Cragg Vale road then up through Spring Wood to the top of the old quarry (Haworth Hobble opposite way round) because it starts as a good access track and is easy to follow. Once on Errington Moor its a quick left and then right across to the good stoney/grassy lane which kicks you straight out at the Grange.

Think there was also a question about Lumbutts to Mount Cross earlier - basically again its the HH opposite way round, onto main road, up Castle street, find little narrow lane between houses which goes steep up to church then up tarmac to golf club then follow bridleway lane up to Mount cross.

If anyone thinks or knows anything different to these route choices let me know, looking forward to it. Just wish I could shake off the sore throat and ear ache!