Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Calderdale Hike

Re: Calderdale Hike

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
    DinoF - I was thinking about that ham sandwich yesterday - what did it look like by the end??!!
    It was a bit battered and curling up at the edges, just like me.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Talking of sandwiches, I had the tuna sandwich from the New Bridge checkpoint on Sunday for breakfast. I really needed it then; it went down a treat.

I've just uploaded a few piccies, though not many due to pushing so hard for a fast time.

I thought I was brave eating my marmote sandwich on the way homer- by Sunday I'd have binned it!
    Odd how the legs were not affected - eiter we were not running hard enough or it was just tough and slow
    If I do it next year I am going to investigate an alternative to the tarmac- it was sort of easy but... not sure about your route Nick , I had wondered about a lower route on paths without the climb.
    Glad you made it round Nick and sorry to have disappeared before I got chace to chat to some of you but Iknew I had to get back before I was sleepy. Had intended to come out and help you and karen with flags but... I'll explain next time

Marmot sandwich Karen? Steady on there. Should have stuck to Welsh Rabbit or Ratatouille surely...
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Oh Splatcher you tease! I did titter meself, like.

Karen, interesting what you say about no leg soreness. It's because you fuelled well throughout, which also enabled you to do a fast time. I have found that if I run on insufficient fuelling or hydration, my legs get trashed very quickly, which can take a few days to recover from with worse DOMS. On top of that is a much slower time and much more self pity along the way. I have finished a well fuelled 100-miler (Western States) faster, feeling fitter and with fewer after-effects than much shorter races where fuelling went awry. From that evidence I have to assume that, in the absence of sufficient fuel, the body starts to eat itself, but I'm surprised that it would start on the leg muscles.

Ha Ha Andy- spelling (or typing was never my strong point)
    Some might say marmots would taste better than marmite but I carried as I usually crave something savoury.

sounds like a good time by all. i missed out, as was feeling carp, so decided to stay nearer home and try to defend my Caythorpe Canter trail marathon title (3rd)
    But I will be following you all next year now you've sussed the route nicely :sneaky:
    twinkletoes, you are a very bad girl for running with a virus. tsk. might do your heart in.
    Looking FW to seeing the results. Dunno how the eck I got sub6 last year. Did Brenno do it? I now realise he was joint? 2nd at the Canter 2010 with my m8 (who is same speed as me) the one year I missed it. We would have had another good tussle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota_Crown View Post
    sounds like a good time by all. i missed out, as was feeling carp, so decided to stay nearer home and try to defend my Caythorpe Canter trail marathon title (3rd)
    But I will be following you all next year now you've sussed the route nicely :sneaky:
    twinkletoes, you are a very bad girl for running with a virus. tsk. might do your heart in.
    Looking FW to seeing the results. Dunno how the eck I got sub6 last year. Did Brenno do it? I now realise he was joint? 2nd at the Canter 2010 with my m8 (who is same speed as me) the one year I missed it. We would have had another good tussle.
    Had to miss the Hike as I thought it would be a really good idea to do the Edale Skyline with man-flu, which totally wiped me out until this week. Did the Caythorpe Canter in 2010 as prep for the Old County Tops and the Lakeland 50 - was the only one carrying a full pack with wet weather gear, food and water. Was also the furthest I had run at that point, enjoyed it though as the weather was very nice. Think I just snuck in ahead of your mate (was from a tri club?) although he was catching very quickly as I was ruined.

bad luck brenno. being a first timer, and the navig not being idiot proof, i assumed you had run in together for the last part. so my numpT tri m8 was third then the lying g1t

i reckon you just sit and watch this forum all day until i mention you. i was interested in your and TToes times as it would have been a gauge of my own, had i bothered to turn up.

Hills and Guinness!