Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: Calderdale Hike

Re: Calderdale Hike

HaHaHa nice ones Mark and Nick. SWMBO LOL

Well done Mark, and at 52 :thumbup: I'm just a nearly burnt out 44 yo.

Cmon, most folks on here dont do training, thats cheating. Its just a lifestyle choice, something you do all the time because you enjoy it. :wink:

Until this year and finally getting some recovery frailty, I was on my road bike most evenings too. Would always tell the poor chump i'd just pipped he was beat by a cyclist LOL

My 'plan' is same as yours Nick FFS LOL, race long and offroad most weekends if I can. Summer is IronMan Tri season. I did 20 last year FFS, ten of which being winning the EnduroMan DecaIron, is that loopy enough for you!!! Yes, I'm terminally competitive. So the obvious Q to Mark is: Wot woz your time, I woz 2.58.37. I have trained zero on road, just the odd bits of trail races that are on road.
    Hike I was 6h47, tho this was far from my best effort for a change, I usually get lucky.

As I'm getting more burnt out from the self inflicted abuse, my current 'training' has been an ultra or trail mara on the weekend, then being feqed most of the week, maybe an hours or two's recovery run on Weds or Thurs before repeating the cycle!
    Last edited by Toyota_Crown; 23-04-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Hey T_C and Mark, very interesting. (Continuing off the Calderdale theme for a bit ) since I took up these events all of 16+ years ago I became competitive like never before. They kinda do that to you don't they? I was (still am) always in search of a PB. The competition of other runners provides the best incentive to not let up on the effort.

T_C I can't believe how familiar your routine sounds. :w00t: In recent years I've been doing more short sharp fell races, Parkruns and regular running to work. More regular running makes a difference (Parkruns in 22-odd mins and just scraping a couple of top half finishes in fell races, which really makes me feel superhuman). That sub-4 marathon always remains elusive though but I return every year to Snowdonia to try again.

Calderdale (and a few more in between) done, Fellsman here we come!

There might just be easier marathons to go sub 4 at than Snowdon LOL!!!
    You've just missed York Waiting List tho its the day after Rotherham 50 (I mite do both for a laff!). Manchester is a PB course for next year?

The Calderdale Hike website is down at the moment so I can't get hold of the results. If anyone has softcopy they can send me, PM me please. I'm putting an unofficial ultra leaderboard together (since we don't have an official one).
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Sorry- it worked only 2 days ago. I know I have 1000 points!!!!! yipee- that won't happen often

6 days to the Calderdale Hike, so start packing! All the Runfurther committee have entered, so we'll see you there. I'm not allowed to run due to my leg being broken, so I'm walking it...
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Last year of the current route? I will be there and up early putting up the RunFurther flags

Good run out on Saturday. The ground was drying out nicely, apart from where the persistent bogs lurk of course. Kim Collison pulled off another impressive race win in 5:24, with Ian Symington hot on his heels in 5:28. Good to see Steve Foster out again to cheer us on as we flailed ourselves around the hills and bogs of his neck of the woods. Few pictures here and report from the back of the pack here.
    Last edited by BritNick; 14-04-2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Report link added

...and I walked round so caught the heavy rain later on, since I started out with the runners. A good day out & I hope to be running the new route next year. Thanks to Linden & the team for another great event. Nick's already posted a link to his Runfurther race report - I won't be able to get the Runfurther leaderboard updated until the weekend as I'll be away until then. Good things are worth waiting for though
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Don't worry Andy. Based on previous years the results will probably take longer than that to get published anyway. We can wait.