Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New guy saying hi !

Re: New guy saying hi !

Quote Originally Posted by sore legs View Post
    IDP - I agree with you on the distance thing - In line with my work I have completed numerous arduous events - 40 milers in boots and a 40lb bergen and nothing can compensate for the elevation climb for training. The distance thing for me is that I have not covered 62 miles as a oner as a race but the distance does not really phase me as I do believe that the the pyschological side plays a large part, naturally along side the physical. Best find a second hand shop that sells big brass balls !!

I would still like to participate in a 40 miler as a banker before hand though and I think that it would good prep - nothing beats miles and elevation gain for training - except a bag of chips and a pint.
    Got you sussed sore legs ---> arduous 40 milers, 40 lb bergens, Herefordshire (Who Dares Wins)

Sshh, Stolly, or you'll have to start checking your brake pipes on a morning.

Hey Stolly - nice guess my friend but I am afraid that you are off the mark - I work in Dorset and just live in Hereford!!

Hey Stolly - nice guess my friend but I am afraid that you are off the mark - I work in Dorset and just live in Hereford!!
    Aha!!! SBS Dorset

Nice guess - Wrong again though - no strawberry for you. I have nothing to do with those type of people - there is no chance of me crawling around, dressed in black kit with daggers between my teeth.

You seem to know quite a bit about them ......

Hello Sore Legs - I'm new here too but welcome!

Checked out that one at Eastnor - entry form printed off and in the process of filling it in. I ran up to the mentioned 'orrible' obelisk on Sunday and from where I started off - it was a bloody 'orrible' climb finishing going up steps just to add a bit of extra leg burn - but I doubt that section will be in the race though - well I hope not
    I'm doing this as a training run and, likewise, I imagine the majority of the going could well be relatively gentle up and down, excepting that last pull up to the obelisk but that part of The Malverns has at least the potential for some short and steep climbs other than up to the obelisk.

Anyway, give us a shout Sore legs and Multiterrainer - it'd be nice to meet forumers.

Si

Si,

I will defo give you a shout mate so we can catch up

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    just to stick my two peneth in.

Don't get hunk up on distance, Please remember that the LWW is alot flatter than the fellsman which although as Stolly says gets the big ones over early is still hill after hill after hill.

you must get some big hill days in also.
    Yeah, I totallly agree about the climb, but LWW is still going to be important for me... miles underfoot and time on my feet is what I'm most worried about. Although, as someone else has already said, I guess alot of that is in the mind.

Climb-wise I'm trying to work in a big day in the Lakes soon, along with hill sessions, etc.
    Geoff Clarke

Hi Sore Legs

I'm based in Ledbury and run to the Malverns nearly every weekend. I'm usually out for a minimum of 2.5 hrs on a Sunday with a min climb of 500metres. I am building up for the Welsh 1000 metres race so will be increasing my weekly height gain and looking to do a few big days out like this one:

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/running/route_270932.html

Although I may tweak this route so it goes over all of the peaks...

PM me if interested.

Also, The Mag seven is a brilliant race, I'm in the Harriers so I've only ever marshalled it, but I know most of the route and its great.

You'll love it, personal guarantee.