Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ready 2 go!

Re: Ready 2 go!

Quote Originally Posted by RHYS B View Post
    the 1 thing that did anoy me was that my ankle cept rowling inwards causing the outside of my ankle 2 rub against the shoe if the race wouldv been longer it would have hurt like hell! is it a case of just tying my shoes diffrently ,any sugestions?
    Hi Rhys

I run in 270's and had a similar problem which i put down to the cheese string laces. Got some Yankz elastic laces and they totally sorted out the problem. Got a nice snug fit now with no rolling at all. Got mine from up and running in huddersfield. Not sure where else stocks em but i'm sure you'll find some by looking on google. Another option that many people on this forum recommend is lock laces. They're available from wiggle for £4.99
    "That was the night everything changed"

thanks 187 will get hold of some. have ran 3 races now the roling is still a problem,just come home from the moelwyn and have a masive blister on my ankle were the shoe rubs though it was not as big of a problem this time.did a low lock loop (where the loop is made in one eye of shoe ) wich gives the ankle more room 2 move i think!

Just go easy when trimming them down (yankz) i got a bit carried away and don't have much room for adjustment. Think i'm gonna remove the insoles, or drop to 3mm to address that problem.

Also might be worth looking at the socks you are wearing if any? I made the mistake of going out without socks on monday and not too far round the chew edges my feet got wet in a bog, some grit got in there a hay presto blisters on the ball of my foot and both heals
    Won't be making that mistake again.

yeah i wear socks tried thick ones and thin ones not much diffrence, having said that got the blister wile wearing pb lites.
    isnt the inward roling of the ankle something 2 do with th rounded heel on 270's surley if you're heel lands sligtly of centre its going 2 be puled inwards by the round heel on the shoe?

yeah i wear socks tried thick ones and thin ones not much diffrence, having said that got the blister wile wearing pb lites.
    isnt the inward roling of the ankle something 2 do with th rounded heel on 270's surley if you're heel lands sligtly of centre its going 2 be puled inwards by the round heel on the shoe?
    Not sure mate. I thought the issue you were having was because you didn't have a good snug fit because of the crappy lacing, thats what was causing my problem. I have more of a mid/forefoot strike so the issue that you're describing with the heel wouldn't effect me.
    If you ain't got a good fit then change the laces. If you have got a good fit then maybe the shoe just isn't for you. Try p.m'ing insider and see if he has any thoughts
    Last edited by The devil's own; 18-04-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Master

Have you tried steaming the heel mate
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

ive done it once i supose it worth trying it again,enjoy the moelwyn tom?

I'm glad it's not just me. My 270's rolled over really badly after the first race. I still use them and the soles are doing quite well but the inside of the heel has worn away because of the roll. Has never happened on any other make.

someone told me today the roll in the heel is due 2 the pronation in the foot, im off 2 boots to get some orthotics and sort the bugger out!