Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fell Shoe Laces.

Fell Shoe Laces.

I may be imagining this but have i read on here that there is a special way to tie your laces that results in a much better fit of your Fell Shoe. If there is could someone explain or post a picture. I would find this particularly handy as my wife says i still tie laces like a five year old does.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.

Re: Fell Shoe Laces.

What you need is the excellent Ian's shoelace site. This guy seems to have cornered the very competitive shoelace web market.

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/tying.htm

I flirted with his super secure knot for a while, but now I'm back to the double shoelace knot.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
    I may be imagining this but have i read on here that there is a special way to tie your laces that results in a much better fit of your Fell Shoe. If there is could someone explain or post a picture. I would find this particularly handy as my wife says i still tie laces like a five year old does.
    Aye up

Have a look on the inov8 website they show various different techniques

Thank you all. Have you all got your Fellrunner Mag. Is it good ?.

Thank you all. Have you all got your Fellrunner Mag. Is it good ?.
    Not yet. It's being built up on the forum. It it's thinner than the yellow pages I'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Not yet. It's being built up on the forum. It it's thinner than the yellow pages I'll be disappointed.
    I guess that depends where you live

Why not ask her?
    ydt

ydt you may have been asked this a thousand times but is that you hanging upside down in the tree. I know you have been at this fellrunning lark for a while i'm just interested in when you first started and what got you into it. Are you of Greek extraction as your name seems it to me. If so you are like the modern day Pheidippides and follow a long tradition of runners.

If fell shoe manufacturers would only use the right material for the laces, you wouldn't need all these fancy knots. To pick out one make (there are others), my La Sportiva shoes have laces which manage to untie themselves no matter what knot I tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge the Elf View Post
    If fell shoe manufacturers would only use the right material for the laces, you wouldn't need all these fancy knots. To pick out one make (there are others), my La Sportiva shoes have laces which manage to untie themselves no matter what knot I tie.
    I'm surprised by this. I find the fatter laces worst for untying. My Sportiva Crosslights have thin laces which are very good at staying tied.

Perhaps this is one of those therapy moments. Are you sitting down FtE? Have you considered the possibility that you tie laces like Herakles (and therefore like a 5-year old)?

I think I'd better revert to Ian's Super Secure Knot from now on. If my laces ever come undone in a race, I'll never live it down after this teasing comment.