Thread: Lafarge Helwith Bridge Du

Cool Lafarge Helwith Bridge Du

Yes it is back!
    Sunday 3rd October at 10AM – The Lafarge Helwith Bridge Duathlon – 4 Mile Run/23 Mile Cycle/4 Mile Run. A very scenic race all on tarmac just North of Settle, North Yorkshire, with the cycle loop around the base of Ingleborough. Relay teams accepted of 2/3 competitors. Price £15 solo, £20 Relay team (£5 discount if a Lafarge employee). Usual prize categories. Toilets, parking, showers, pub (open after the race!)

Full details on the race on www.vlaevents.co.uk
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Re: Lafarge Helwith Bridge Du

Hi, information now being sent ou to competitors!:w00t:

Hi, we have a cyclist who for reasons of being a bit under the weather, she is looking for a female runner to make a female relay team. She fully admits she is not the fastest cyclist and is well known for coming last, but we can alter the start of the 2nd run so whoever runs will not be the last out! PM me if interested.

Thanks a million Vince for another year of fun!! Although the weather was not quite as glorious as last years, the people were the same friendly, lycra clad in some cases, lot!! The bike I borrowed this year was worst than lasts!! When I changed gear too quickly/over too many gears, the chain fell off! A fellow competitor helped me get it on the first time, the second one I managed myself. I then decided not to change gear at all, which meant i had to walk up the big hills!! At Selside, my water bottle flew off and when I tried to remount I fell off into a bunch of nettles!! After 10 miles I seriously regretted NOT putting on my padded pants-jeez-the chaffage is nearly as bad as on long runs!! But in new places!! So, a fabulous event that has become a must in my diary!! Seriously good hearted people, lots of lithe and toned triathletes to ogle and Helwith Bridge beer! What more do you want out of a Sunday morning? See you next year!....who's bike shall I borrow then......
    rachel
    Gala pie-its the future

Oh your post made me laugh - sounds like you had a lot of fun! I just did the two runs today as part of a mixed team - I was slow but my biking team mate was SUPERQUICK! - Thank you Vince for a great event - i'll try and do the whole thing next yeay myself but maybe i'll not do Coniston Trail race the day before. Thanks again. Vicci

Quote Originally Posted by shaunandrachel View Post
    Thanks a million Vince for another year of fun!! Although the weather was not quite as glorious as last years, the people were the same friendly, lycra clad in some cases, lot!! The bike I borrowed this year was worst than lasts!! When I changed gear too quickly/over too many gears, the chain fell off! A fellow competitor helped me get it on the first time, the second one I managed myself. I then decided not to change gear at all, which meant i had to walk up the big hills!! At Selside, my water bottle flew off and when I tried to remount I fell off into a bunch of nettles!! After 10 miles I seriously regretted NOT putting on my padded pants-jeez-the chaffage is nearly as bad as on long runs!! But in new places!! So, a fabulous event that has become a must in my diary!! Seriously good hearted people, lots of lithe and toned triathletes to ogle and Helwith Bridge beer! What more do you want out of a Sunday morning? See you next year!....who's bike shall I borrow then......
    rachel
    You were loving the rain when you passed me at Horton!!!
    Did you notice I did 'put my money where my mouth is' and ran the last run leg through the puddles, but at least it kept me warmer than standing around like the other spectators!
    Well done to all! Do not forget, Coed Y Brenin Off Road Duathlon on 24th October!!