Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BG Leg 4 March 27 or 28?

Re: BG Leg 4 March 27 or 28?

No, we didn't need microspikes this time. The only patches of snow we had to cross were near the top of Gable and the snow there was soft not icy. I was really pleased that the white stuff had gone at last...

... and then I saw this week's weather forecast!

Perhaps I'll need microspikes for my BG attempt after all!

Sorry not to see you yesterday Ian. We saw remarkably few people really - we met our first walkers as we came off Pillar, saw a few on Kirkfell, a couple on Great Gable and I think that was about it. That's the trouble with the Lakes... just so crowded! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    No, we didn't need microspikes this time. The only patches of snow we had to cross were near the top of Gable and the snow there was soft not icy. I was really pleased that the white stuff had gone at last...

... and then I saw this week's weather forecast!

Perhaps I'll need microspikes for my BG attempt after all!

Sorry not to see you yesterday Ian. We saw remarkably few people really - we met our first walkers as we came off Pillar, saw a few on Kirkfell, a couple on Great Gable and I think that was about it. That's the trouble with the Lakes... just so crowded! ;-)
    Been over those tops twice in the last few weeks and met..............nobody

The weather was awful both times though.

Glad you enjoyed it
    Bill

Had a run to Gable from Langdale on last Friday in some genuinely crappy weather. Lots of freezing cold slush at the top of Styhead pass and a gale blowing as we got back to Langdale making the slightly exposed and not very scary descent down Dungeon Ghyll a minor epic. Saw just one party of adult walkers and one party of fed up looking kids (DofE?) all day, both near Wasdale Head. However vis was down to about 20 metres most of the way, so there could have been vast crowds of daytrippers and picnicing hordes wandering the fells and we would have run straight past them.

meant to be up there at easter - bit more snow forecast for this week, interestingly ...