Page 1404 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 40490413041354139414021403140414051406141414541504 ... LastLast
Results 14,031 to 14,040 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

That final hill is a very good place for photo opportunities... Mainly because it catches people in the depths of despair!

Travs - rest today, run tomorrow with a bit of a steadier section to ready the body and test the calf a bit. Classic taper technique and gives the calf a day to recover.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Thanks ba-ba....

Actually that is the exact decision/conclusion I had come to this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    That final hill is a very good place for photo opportunities... Mainly because it catches people in the depths of despair!
    might catch me and Beau dog in the depth of despair too with bald patches where I've pulled my hair out trying to get the hubby into the Ben!!

After a tough couple of weeks, probably compounded by hammering myself round the Long Mynd Valleys last Sunday, I finally felt able to do some decent training again tonight. 9 miles around the roads of south Coventry.

Thankfully the calf is back in full working order. But I generally felt very heavy-legged, I assume from the race last weekend, and lack of regular running for a couple of weeks.

XC league fixture on Saturday, so hopefully feeling a little fresher for that.

A good run at the xc yesterday, and I was raring to go again this morning, especially seeing the glorious crisp morning. But after considering the past couple of weeks, I did to want to push my luck, so opted for 90mins of cross training in the gym (cycle, cross trainer, stair climber), followed by a good weights and core session.

Hopefully will hit things hard over the next week or so, a couple of good club sessions, a long run next weekend, then see where I am, ready for the national xc in two weeks.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Whereas Travs recovers from a calf injury by running the Long Mynd Valleys , I preferred to deal with the twinge in my calf by going for a walk, sometimes breaking into a run for a short distance. About 8 miles through snow showers, on an unusual route: at no point did I visit Beacon Hill. Instead, I went out into the flatter countryside to the north-west of Loughborough: suburban streets and muddy footpaths through woodland and alongside the raging waters of the Black Brook.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Well this weeks plan for training went right out the window as I was struck down by a heavy cold, and not been able to do anything since Monday. Felt better today and managed a solid 6 miles and 2000ft. Hopefully another solid day on Sunday, then next week try to run myself into sharpness for the following weekend at the national xc.

Well they say you wait for a bus, then three come at once...

After bodging my calf, then being ill last week, was hoping it wouldn't be three in a row, but unfortunately my calf looks to have gone again. Very strange as it seemed to have been fully recovered, having ran a pb at the Long Mynd Valleys, and a good xc race since. But there's obviously a bit of a weakness there still. So more rest required, and probably another week of training going to be missed next week, hopefully being fit for the National XC in London next Saturday.

Started noting down my miles/ascent, just to see what I'm averaging each week. Not a great first week to start due to illness, but a measly 12 miles/4250ft clocked up this week.

Master
    Good luck with the calf Travs.

I have just come out of a bad month and your post has prompted me to check my mileage/ Ascent which comes out at 751km with 18135m of ascent to date this year, and this last week was 120k with 2,291m of ascent. I should hopefully now be able to start to up the training a bit (well when I have finished tiling the bathroom )
    Last edited by JohnK; 18-02-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was