Page 1407 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 40790713071357139714051406140714081409141714571507 ... LastLast
Results 14,061 to 14,070 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Heard heavy breathing behind me on the footpath up to the Outwoods. Just what I needed to switch my brain into race mode (it had previously been in mud-wrestling mode ). Managed to hold off my pursuer for the remaining 200 metres or so until the gate into the woods. Took my customary route up the steep climb in the angle between the two main paths from the gate; she didn't follow me.

My dodgy calf still feels OK; let's hope it doesn't stiffen up overnight.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Nice one Stagger...

Club night tonight. 6 x 1km reps with 90secs rest between. On a mild slope, so half of them had perhaps 100ft climb, and of course the other half had 100ft descent.

First 5 I knocked out in 3:50, and a big effort on the last one I managed 3:40..... so not setting the world on fire, but after last night's 3300ft hill session, I was pretty pleased with my night's work. Certainly felt strong-legged, even if not entirely fresh. Hopefully it's the regular miles having a positive effect.

If I can get rid of this blister (caused by flying into a 90 minute run last weekend in brand new trainers), then I hope to race the Cardingmill Canter at the weekend. But not going to take any chances, with a couple of massive races coming up in the next month.

Super Moderator
    Walked 18 miles yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Walked 18 miles yesterday
    nice one. Lost my mojo a bit this month so tomorrow I'm going out for a 2hr mixed pace run. I'll walk some of it if I feel like it too. I always feel as if when I go out for a run I shouldn't walk but after talking it over with MrRTS in the week I decided getting 2hrs in was the point not how far I get :-) Does that make sense.
    Great seeing your post as it's reinforced tomorrows session and taken off the pressure :-)

Super Moderator
    I’ve got a 50 mile LDWA event in the summer and time on feet is my early focus

In my view there's nothing wrong with walking/time on feet, especially if you keep up a good intensity.

For myself, after last night's fairly strenuous rep session, there's no way I can match that effort again tonight, so will most likely be a hill session with plenty of hard walking. Always look to get something out of each session, and keeping track of each session allows me to keep looking at that 40 miles/10,000ft target.

Super Moderator
    Two more hours brisk walking today

Blister issues have slowed me right down the last couple of nights, and I'm no longer running the Cardingmill Canter at the weekend. Got to get myself in good condition for the Lakes 42 a week on Saturday, followed by the 40 mile Coventry Way the following weekend. Just can't risk doing a race this weekend in anything less than peak physical condition, so for once taking the sensible sensible option and sitting it out.

Current total for the week is a lowly 10-ish miles, and about 4500ft. Will try to improve on this over the weekend, blister permitting.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Too much too soon. Convinced myself that my calf was healed enough for a Beacon Hill run, even though I knew deep down that it wasn't. Nothing like Spring to bring out the stupidity in me -- mad March hares and all that. So my mileage is going to be on the bicycle for the next few weeks.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

After the best part of 3 months with zilch running, while trying to nurse my left ankle back into condition, I took the plunge this morning. Not being able to tolerate a run-less life any longer, coupled with a reckoning that the state of recovery so far is the best it's likely to get, I cautiously ran an easy 4 miler, out over the fells, behind the house. Just 700 feet of ascent to the trig, but it felt soooooooooooooooo good. Like that first savouring of long pint after long months of abstinence. I was so tempted to blip the throttle, so to speak, but kept the pace gentle and tentative. And what a glorious day for celebrating a return to running. Blue skies and long dazzling lines of snow bones, loitering along the wall bottoms, to nourish the eyes and serenaded by lapwings and curlews, and the summer welcoming of skylarks, to beguile the ears. Complete bliss.

It's now 2 hours and a 10.3K indoor row later and all seems well in the lower regions of my left leg - so fingers crossed
    Am Yisrael Chai