Page 1181 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 181681108111311171117911801181118211831191123112811681 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,810 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    35 miles and 6100ft, through bogs, snow and wind, out for a long time, Details to follow after a bath
    http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...595#post478595

I did the Screel Hill race yesterday; a SHR championship race it was great conditions to run in the race was only 6.4km and 400m of climbing. Instead of my conservative climbing technique and then look to maximise the flatter and downhill bits, I went for it on the climb knowing it was only a short race and my fitness is improving. Seemed to pay off as I just made it into the top 3rd finishers, instead of my normal target of getting into the top half. The race was won in a new course record time.
    I then got back home and did a steady 5 miles with my dogs on the quite back lanes.

ATB

Kev

Quick 6 mile run with the dog down the River Kent. Third day's running in a row and legs felt a bit tight so no hills today.

Ran up the Beacon on Thursday and Saturday looking for best route off for race, getting stronger as I still had a spring in my step over the last two Km, that was not there last week
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

Just wondering if there are any training plans on this forum, specifically for fell running. The only guidance I can find online tells you the basics but just wondered if there are any weekly training plans that are proven. I know hills + speed work +mileage + core training = good training, but just after some sort of calendar plan. I've been putting in the miles and hills but would like to mix the training up with a training plan. Plus if I follow a plan I can look back to see what has worked in the past, and help to improve going forward, instead of just plodding on aimlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by rdb77uk View Post
    Just wondering if there are any training plans on this forum, specifically for fell running. The only guidance I can find online tells you the basics but just wondered if there are any weekly training plans that are proven. I know hills + speed work +mileage + core training = good training, but just after some sort of calendar plan. I've been putting in the miles and hills but would like to mix the training up with a training plan. Plus if I follow a plan I can look back to see what has worked in the past, and help to improve going forward, instead of just plodding on aimlessly.
    I don't really follow a proper training plan, but do two club nights a week with efforts (road running club) and try and do my other runs on the moors wherever possible including a long run with a lot of hill climbing in. I would suggest following a road training plan if you feel you need one but just do it predominately off road adjusting pace accordingly. It's all running and is surprisingly similar with the exception of getting climbs in your legs.
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Just found a new quickie route from my house straight up to Beacon Hill. 2.5m/610ft. Right on my doorstep and never done it before, sort of thing you could do first thing in a morning and last thing at night as a dog outing. First one to the top gets to sit on a pile of stones, it wasn't me
    Views up towards the M62 between Scammonden Bridge and Windy Hill and Great Manshead End, Lancashire just over the hill.

Attachment 6003
    Attachment 6004
    Attachment 6005
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by rdb77uk View Post
    My plan is to have no plan .......... other than to run in the hills each and every day and to then run up each and every hill if humanly possible (no walking). My 'no plan' plan seems to be working believe it or not

a bit of swimming - man the harpoons time in the pool!
    Then a road run with the club, the highlight of which was a youth acting the big-man trying to block our path. He got knocked over by me and another bloke (well if he does stand in our way...), street cred ruined as his mates laughed at him, he tried to chase after us but was too chubby to keep up our sedate pace.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Just wondering if there are any training plans on this forum
    8 week programme for 10k
    Week Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
    1 Interval 8 * 0.5k 5k run 10k easy run Interval 5*1k 5k run 30min tempo run Rest
    2 Interval 8*0.5k 5k run 10k easy Interval 5*1k 5k run 30min tempo run Rest
    3 Interval 9*0.5k 5k run 11k easy Interval 5*1k 7k run 30min tempo run Rest
    4 Interval 10*0.5k 5k run 12k easy Interval 5*1k 8k run 30min tempo run Rest
    5 Interval 8*0.5k 5k run 10k easy Interval 3*1k 5k run 30min tempo run Rest
    6 Interval 10*0.5k 5k run 12k easy Interval 6*1k 8k run 30min tempo run Rest
    7 Interval 1280.5k 5k run 10k easy Interval 5*1k 8k run 30min tempo run Rest
    8 Interval 6*0.5k 5k easy 30min tempo run 5k easy Rest Rest Race
    Worked for me, give it a try you can adapt it for yourself, gives you some idear
    Last edited by Big Compass; 17-04-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound