Page 1408 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 40890813081358139814061407140814091410141814581508 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,080 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Super Moderator
    Nice one Mossy

13 hours of walking for me on the week including a couple today in Northumberland. Skylarks were out in force for us too

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Nice one Mossy

13 hours of walking for me on the week including a couple today in Northumberland. Skylarks were out in force for us too
    You'll be sprinting that LDWA event by the summer DT! Hope the dogs are managing to keep up
    Am Yisrael Chai

Another week of training obliterated by sickness, although with the Lakes Mountain 42 in the morning (now the Lakes Mountain 25), it's possibly been a blessing.

Arrived in Ambleside at lunchtime and and quick run to get my mountain legs back. A run up around Stock Ghyll Force and then up to Wansfell Pike, followed by a leisurely 12 minute run back down to the centre of Ambleside, not fast by any means, but fast enough with a tough race tomorrow.

Although the shortened race tomorrow may benefit in the long term, with a 40 miler next weekend as well...

Master
    30th. Ogden to Penyrolwen to Dafydd back to Ogden and straight up Y Garn. Easy pace but good to get 10 miles and 5000 feet in legs.

Nice one Simon, good to hear things seem to be progressing for you...

Managed a decent 5400ft today, which considering I raced 48 hours ago (28miles, 7000ft), I felt completely fresh when climbing. I certainly wouldn't be running hard anywhere today, partly due to a slight knee issue gained in the race, but my powers of recovery seem to be improving rapidly.

Last week, including racing, was an illness-restricted 31 miles and 10300ft.

This weekend coming I've got a 40 mile flat race around the perimeter of Coventry. Looking at past results and my potential time, I've got fairly high hopes (I won't make any bold predictions as I've never gone that far before on the flat, so it could all go wrong). Just hoping my knee issue sorts itself out, I'll test the water on the track tomorrow night...

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Just hoping my knee issue sorts itself out, I'll test the water on the track tomorrow night...
    And after this weekend's weather, there certainly will be water on the track tomorrow.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    30th. Ogden to Penyrolwen to Dafydd back to Ogden and straight up Y Garn. Easy pace but good to get 10 miles and 5000 feet in legs.
    It should of course read Ogwen. Why it doesn't I have no idea!! Surprised at how little climb there is from Ogwen to the summits, I always had in my mind that Penyrolwen towered above the cottage by some 2800 feet but it doesn't. I had aimed to climb two separate 3000 foot peaks and get a good 5500 in the legs. back to the drawing board on that one. Well done Travs, a big week indeed. 40 miles around Coventry sounds daunting!

I'll be getting very familiar with the fells around Ogwen in a few weeks on the UTS100... unfortunately a fair portion of that part of the race is likely to be in the dark.

Good track session tonight. Most importantly my knee gave me no problems at all, and secondly I managed a fairly decent run out considering the exertions of the weekend.

10 x 400m with 1 minute recovery. Started off reasonably steady at around 81-82 seconds, and sped up to knocking off the last few in 77-78 seconds. Interestingly 81-82 seconds was a real effort this time last year, and although I was certainly working tonight, it was very much sustainable, even with 30 miles and 12000ft of stiffness in my legs from the last few days.

Will keep active over the next few days but nothing too heavy, and hopefully ready to attack the Coventry Way Ultra on Sunday. I don't want to be too vocal with a target for this one, after all I've never ran that far on the flat, so I could easily blow up. But I certainly have a target in mind, and (high) hopes of where I might finish. At least it's nearly all off-road, albeit pretty flat.
    Last edited by Travs; 03-04-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Super Moderator
    Terrific start to KCAC’s ‘summer season’ with tonight’s outing from the Fleece in Haworth. Ample mud and heavy rain, TT Ram Tam and light flurries of snow in the air when we retired back outside. A classic evening

A steady week of training after last weekend's 28 mile race. Although somewhat broken up by rail chaos on Thursday, meaning I only got to one club session this week.

22 miles and 12,100ft so far, with a 40 mile, mostly flat race to come tomorrow.

Whether I'll have the stomach (and legs) for much at all next week remains to be seen. Main priority will then be keeping miles and climb up over the next few weeks, without ruining myself, ready for the UTS100 in 5 weeks.