Page 1314 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 31481412141264130413121313131413151316132413641414 ... LastLast
Results 13,131 to 13,140 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Iain, do you do anything other than running.....more specifically, anything to prevent injury. I only ask because you achieve very impressive weekly mileage, which would have me injured if I did only half as much!

I've haven't run in over 2 week now with IT band problems. I stupidly went to track to do the club session two days after the FRA relays when I already had some pain during the relays on the Sunday. Half way through the session I had to call it a day and I havent run since.
    I went to the physio last night, and she pointed out that my VMO muscle in both my quad pretty much doesn't exist whereas the other 3 main muscles are nicely developed. And with the over compensation my IT bands have put the brakes on.
    Stretch, roll, core/strength work and sauna...

But when I don't do those I do get injured.

My glute medius was basically just not working, just wasn't firing so I had to get it working again, but since them I'm OK..

Generally though I do do easy runs.. like just now a gentle 4 miles 10 min miling and light stretching then a steady 8 miles tonight.. then Friday I can train hard again. I think on a 80-100 mile week schedule you do need the easy runs, and also softer trail runs help, but here I do almost no hills.

I do also bike everywhere here as its so bike friendly and car unfriendly... so I think that helps. I've no idea when I last moved my car.

I suppose your body is like a car in that if you dont service it, it'll end up out of action.

I'm my own worst enemy, I set off doing the exercises and gradually stop doing them. Or I'll get complacent and think that because im training well I dont need to do the stretches/exercises, and it bites me in the arse.

I need to learn from my mistake and take the rehab seriously and continue it, or I'll be in a constant cycle of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    I suppose your body is like a car in that if you dont service it, it'll end up out of action.

I'm my own worst enemy, I set off doing the exercises and gradually stop doing them. Or I'll get complacent and think that because im training well I dont need to do the stretches/exercises, and it bites me in the arse.

I need to learn from my mistake and take the rehab seriously and continue it, or I'll be in a constant cycle of injury.
    Yeah I do that.. get an issue.. stretch.. get rid of it.. so stop stretching.. get same issue...

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Lakes.... Aye I'm now in the place where a hill is an overpass... but that all comes to an end soon... just need to work out where next... at the moment I think I'm going to head to Aberdeen for a few months before a US move if all goes well..

So could see hills again..
    It goes without saying you should give us a call if you head to Aberdeen.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    It goes without saying you should give us a call if you head to Aberdeen.
    yeah sure.. at the moment I think I'll be there for March..

Up in the air..

Today, 4 easy miles at lunch 9-10 min miles.. then 8.5 at 6:55 pace.. legs felt shot..

4.5 miles faster pace than usual last weds and achieved 5 PB's running road. Hill sprints and horse stances followed that. Lots of circuit training during the week and then a steady 4.6 mile last night. Hoping to get some hills in this weekend.
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Hard run at 7:30 am.. met a mate whow as working at 10.. so drove out to the Heide (forest) for our old loop now we're both fully recovered from injuries..

12.7 miles at 6:14 pace, including the first 1 at 6:45 so a good 11 close to marathon pace, felt good, dizzy around nine miles but 7:30 am runs don't suit... hardly a productive day since... dozed on the couch and watched episodes of greys anatomy... leasurely 3 miler later followed by stretch, roll and naked sauna time..

Blimey, I think the past few weeks work is beginning to manifest itself.

It's been a long time since I've ran this quickly. Tremendous fun.
    pies

A trot around the Osmotherley Phoenix 17 route with my daughter and her boyfriend

How do people plan there mileage over a week. For say 70 miles