Page 1414 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 41491413141364140414121413141414151416142414641514 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,140 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Master
    Sunday, 55 mile Cycle from Ambleside to Wasdale Head and back. Left bike at NT shed and up the Scafell Pike along with thousands of others and crossed to Scafell via Lords Rake. Normal BGR decent from Scafell (2.5 hours round trip) and back on bike and over to Ambleside. Confessed that I did touch down twice on Hardknott return trip!
    Monday.......Grike, Crag fell and Lankrigg, before going to watch the finishers in the GL3D.

Super Moderator
    Great stuff

Yes, great stuff Simon...

I think the Grike, Crag Fell, Lank Rigg outing is equally impressive as the Ambleside-Scafell! Having done Grike and Crag Fell in zero visibility, and Lank Rigg-Pillar on a scorching hot day, it's a fantastically untrodden part of the Lakes.

Am staying in Ennerdale for the race weekend in June. I have 5 Western Fells to complete the Wainwright book. Hoping to knock off Fleetwith Pike and Haystacks the day before the race, and assuming I've got anything left in my legs the day after the race, planning a long cross-country jaunt from Ennerdale to bag Middle Fell, Buckbarrow and Yewbarrow, which could be quite an epic, looking at the remote terrain to be covered.

Super Moderator
    Fleetwith Pike has some of the best views in the whole of district

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Fleetwith Pike has some of the best views in the whole of district
    My favourite hill :-) straight up the nose, nice little bit of scrambling in sections. I'm slower coming down :-)

I have a fantastic picture that I took last summer from the south shore of Buttermere, looking up at Fleetwith Pike, in perfect sunshine. It looks like a professional airbrushed photo, yet it was simply taken on my phone. Sadly it doesn't want to upload... started off in Lamplugh and climbed the Gavel Fell/Burnbank Fell group in zero visibility... across the no-mans-land to Hen Comb (thankfully that route is not in any Fell races, it makes climbing Great Gable at Borrowdale seem like a Parkrun), then a tough traverse across Floutern Pass and up onto Starling Dodd. First people of the day weren't encountered until Red Pike. Suddenly out of the cloud into the most beautiful day over the High Stile ridge. I had intended to continue over Fleetwith and Haystacks, but it was so hot I ran out of water and had to divert down to Buttermere, before the long run back over Floutern Pass to Ennerdale. What a fantastic day that was....

Club night tonight and a track session. 6 x 800m reps with 2 minutes recovery between reps. My sensible plan to take things steady tonight, with only 72 hours until the start of the UTS, lasted for precisely 2 reps, when I got throughly bored and tore through the group like dose of salts. Picked my reps up from about 3:05 for the first two, down to about 2:40

Not feeling any negative effects, and it was nice to have a final last fast burnout, as after this weekend it could well be a while before I can run well again...
    Last edited by Travs; 08-05-2018 at 09:40 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

The only way I can see to add it... apologies if you can't see it...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

The only way I can see to add it... apologies if you can't see it...
    Beautiful!

Super Moderator
    Walked just short of 25 miles yesterday in wonderful sunny Wharfedale

It was me who waved Andy! past you when cycling at Bolton Abbey 2x Petes +Little Dick HaHa