Page 1411 of 1411 FirstFirst ... 411911131113611401140914101411
Results 14,101 to 14,106 of 14106

Thread: Today's Training

Hot day in Lakes. Buttermere and up to Red Pike, rest of skyline ridge. Then first ever open water swim across Buttermere before finishing up Robinson and slow descent back to village. Meniscus didn't like the downhill so must be careful and not over ambitious. Nice to be out in hills again though.

Good stuff Simon - a bit ‘froggy sounding’ ? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Good stuff Simon - a bit ‘froggy sounding’ ? 😉
    It does sound froggy. But unfortunately DT, my knee really won't take 38 miles on the hill now. Therefore I have to add some bike work into a long challenge and currently working on a route for June 30th.

Hey that sounds a great challenge anyway Simon. 6 mile walk last night for me and Tuss at Bolton Abbey last night

Good stuff Simon, it's great running/walking country along there. I was up there last year, having ran over from Ennerdale/Lamplugh via the Gavel Fell/Hen Comb hills. Unfortunately I attempted the direct route off the north ridge of High Stile, attempting a shortcut down to Buttermere, in less than ideal conditions, and took an age when I'd have been better off carrying on down Scarth Gap. By the time I got down to the shore it was sweltering and it was a hot run back over the never-ending Floutern Pass to Ennerdale...

A couple of steadier days to recharge the batteries, and my weekly total so far is 23 miles and 7700ft. With a short race tomorrow, I'll reach the magic 10000ft mark, but miles will be down. Perhaps needed an easier week, and will look to build again next week, although the National Masters Road Relays next weekend will be in the back of my mind and will want to be fresh for that....

Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Buck Hill and Beacon Hill, wearing the Wrong Shoes. Somehow I thought that, even after last night's thunderstorm, the paths would retain the dryness that the recent heatwave has given them, rather than returning to the morass of just a week ago. #ShouldhavewornWalshes
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges