Page 1693 of 1693 FirstFirst ... 6931193159316431683169116921693
Results 16,921 to 16,925 of 16925

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    By what factor do you divide easy cycling miles to get easy running miles?
    There's many more enlightened cyclists on here than me, but i always thought it was 3-4 miles compared to flat running.

Hey Travs, erm, I've just listened, erm, to your ,erm, contribution to the, erm, On The Back Foot podcast.

Only joking about the erms, which you had identified in Pt 1 and eliminated in Pt 2. I thought it was great and certainly as good as any of the other contributors.

An excellent account of the races from your position in the field.

And by the way, Coventry salaries are way too high if you can afford to shop at Tebay Services although I can imagine a few Vegan runners choked on their lentils hearing that it was venison that you were Munching on the Moors!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    There's many more enlightened cyclists on here than me, but i always thought it was 3-4 miles compared to flat running.
    I've always worked on 2 hours cycling being similar to 1 hour running. Around 30 miles to about 8 miles which is similar to what you say Travs. However nearly every 10 of my cycle miles average 1,000 feet of ascent which probably makes the cycling a touch harder aerobically.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Hey Travs, erm, I've just listened, erm, to your ,erm, contribution to the, erm, On The Back Foot podcast.

Only joking about the erms, which you had identified in Pt 1 and eliminated in Pt 2. I thought it was great and certainly as good as any of the other contributors.

An excellent account of the races from your position in the field.

And by the way, Coventry salaries are way too high if you can afford to shop at Tebay Services although I can imagine a few Vegan runners choked on their lentils hearing that it was venison that you were Munching on the Moors!
    To be fair i was trying to find my way up a fairly indistinct path i'd never been on, whilst recording that first part!

I don't know if you've heard the latest episode, but after the remarks comparing Coventry (unfavourably) to Rwanda, i might be having to make a comeback!

I've also heard on the grapevine that "Tonk" has some harsh words coming for me in a future episode, after i said Keswick was looking a bit "run down"

Well, the 50m bike rides I do convert roughly to 15m of running, which gives me a weekly maximum of 25 where 15 is already done. That leaves 7.5m tempo and 2.5 hard, based on a 60/30/10 split on RPEs (zone 2, 3-4, 4-5). I'd struggle to do those miles at the moment.