Page 1425 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 42592513251375141514231424142514261427143514751525 ... LastLast
Results 14,241 to 14,250 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Banned
    1.75k run at 80% effort at teatime

1000m swim in the afternoon (2×500)

5k bike this morning

Just need short Tri for fat, old lads with no time cut offs

Working well for the depression though.

Hopefully weight loss and fitness will follow.

Club night tonight and the session was 2 x 2 mile reps, with 2mins rest between.

I kept it steady, having raced hard at the weekend, felt like I was not even close to getting below 7min/mile... with a bit of track running before the session, the 1.5mile out and back to the rep, and the 4 mile session, a total of 9 steady miles this evening.

Hopefully will be able to go hard at thursday's session although I'm currently sat on an icy pack of mixed fruit, with a slight hamstring strain. All being well, might have a bash at a Parkrun on Saturday.

Banned
    Another session in paradise.

3.6k run
    500m swim
    8k mountain bike

This is the life😎

I did the 9 Edges Route today from Ladybower to Robin Hoods Pub. 21mls over the beautiful edges of the Peak District. I have never ran more than 15mls before today. I was going for 6hrs ish (nice and steady) but we did it in 5hrs 15mins even with stops for photos and filling up our fluids at Longshaw cafe. Really pleased with that. I put it down to the 206mls of walking I've done over the last two weeks to complete a continuous round of the Peak District Boundary Way.
    MrRTS's recovery rice pudding did the trick when I got home haha.

Fantastic stuff Mrs RTS... hope to see you and Nigel at a race somewhere soon...

I've got a very minor strain in my hamstring so ducking out of hard training for a couple of days, but still maintaining some climbing on the treadmill. With a busy schedule of races coming up I don't want to take any chances.

Super Moderator
    Went for a walk on Ilkley Moor this morning - fabulous views and very warm when the sun came up

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Flat, fast 5km at 9 o'clock this morning. Yes, I have done my first parkrun.

The week before last, I saw a piece on the back page of the Loughborough Echo about a new parkrun that had started at Dishley, on the far side of town from where I live. Going onto the website, I discovered that the course is flat but, importantly, had no tarmac: playing fields, footpaths and the canal towpath. So worth going for a workout if I woke up early enough on a Saturday morning and had nothing else on.

Anyway, my 21:47 today makes me the current M60-64 record holder for the Dishley Loughborough Parkrun! I can't see that lasting very long.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I used to be very anti parkruns, but coaching beginners at my club led me into doing them, and I really enjoy them. Not a priority, but if I've got nothing else on they get you out of bed on a Saturday, stop you drinking too much on a Friday and give you an excuse for a late greasy breakfast. Great speed work, and you can do them all over the country - quite fun doing them them as a visitor, back home by 10.30 with the rest of the day to enjoy. Nicest I've done are Fountains Abbey and Dolgellau - so far. 21.47 is a very respectable time - I managed 21.30 last year, Quite easy to be first V60 which does the ego no harm.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I don't think I will be doing much "parkrun tourism": looking around the websites, it appears that my new local parkrun is very unusual in being entirely away from tarmac and other hard surfaces. I can tolerate a bit of tarmac during a race, and I have even survived the three-miles-plus of it at the end of the Jura race, but I wouldn't want to do a run that was mostly or entirely on it.

The obvious advantages of a course in a "park" are pleasant surroundings and absence of motor traffic, but I would have thought that having a more forgiving surface to run on would be seen as another advantage.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Apparently, many of the early Parkruns were on grass in parks but the local authorities did not like their lovely grass turned into muddy tracks which in winter they obviously did. My nearest one, the Bakewell Parkrun is a boring out and back along the Monsal Trail. Not in Bakewell and not in a park unless the Peak District National Park counts!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog