Page 1365 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 36586512651315135513631364136513661367137514151465 ... LastLast
Results 13,641 to 13,650 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

And that is Cader Idris 10 days in a row.. runs 1-2 were slow, soon after Maesgym, 3-6 were good or fast paced efforts, 7 a longish horseshoe and in fell shoes for the first time in ages, 8 a slow recovery trip with a beginner, 9 on very steep/fell terrain again but the legs were certainly feeling tired, and #10 today a cop-out up the Pony Path (race route) & carefully/slowly down the scree to the lake, not too bad though.

Going well so far this week:

Su: Intervals - steady 5 mins warm up, then 6 x 1 min max efforts with 1 min jog rests.

M: AM - steady 2.6 miles to work at 7:31 pace with heavy ish pack on. PM - race pace 2.8 miles home at 6:05 pace with a much lighter pack!

T: AM & PM - 2.6 miles to/from work fartlek run. Enjoying speed work.

Today: cycle to work, hopefully make it a long one home if I'm not done in.

LJ - I'm envious of Cader Idris training...

I picked up a heel niggle on a training run in langdale end of July and while I've rested it to the extent it's basically ok now the last 6 weeks or so have been relatively low mileage but lots of x-training in gym. In some ways I've enjoyed it, focussing on lots of seated bike hills, leg work (squats, balance work etc) and it's got me in good overall shape but I'm certainly not in top shape. Did a 2.25 training run in the lakes last Monday and felt decent, climbing legs felt good but fitness probably much more suited to fells at the moment than a road race.

Possibly planning on three shires on sat and then get a few weeks decent running in before Langdale horseshoe. I'll switch to much more road based training and speed work after langdale ready for xc season.

The race from hell for me this week…

m: 4 miles slow am. pm: 10 miles slow with XC team
    t: pm: 3.2 miles with XC womens team on their course. pm: track 8.85 miles track session, 5 x 1 mile 5:36 pace on average, 1 min rest, lactate threshold session..
    w: am: pm: 5 miles around ridley creek state park. pm: 6 miles around ridley creek state park.
    t: am: 18 miles 6:50 pace road and undulating trail, last 3 6:30's so felt good. pm: 5 miles with XC team around blokes course
    f; am: slow 3 miles. pm: 5k checking out the route of the womens XC course one last time..
    s: Co-organised a XC meet, coached our teams, they did well. Slow 4 miles in the evening shattered.
    s: Jersey City half.. felt OK early on, first 4 miles 5:40 pace and just fell apart and finished in 1:21.. running 6:50's by the end..

worst race in years, just gave up, couldn't even hold marathon pace.. not good at all.

No idea if coaching is good or bad for my own running, but really enjoy it, just great fun being out with them. I have a job I love.. its the best job in the world, taking students running.. I can't speak highly enough how hard these work.. I've spent 7 years ding PhDs and degrees another 7-8 doing post docs.. in 2 months coaching XC I've enjoyed it 100 times more...

8 mile
    10 reps of penshaw hill
    8 mile back
    looks like its going to be a regular session enjoyed and ran all

Today's "training" was pan flat, unless you count the 3-4m climb up onto the sea wall. In the Dengie area of Essex, it was a 6-miler on farm tracks and the afore-mentioned sea wall timed to arrive at the chapel of St. Peter-ad-Murum (St. Peter's on the Wall, built by St. Cedd in 654 and lying at the end of a track from Bradwell Village) at sunrise. Sadly the sun did not put in an appearance because of cloud, but the atmosphere at the remote location was pretty special anyway.

Sunday: 18 miles 4.5 hours 2,400ft Langsett to Ladybower to see the Lancaster bombers fly over. Top run/slog really enjoyed it.
    Coching session tonight with the club and headtorcher tomorrow!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Saturday---22 miles 9,500ft 4 munros over very rough ground..
    Tuesday---10 miles 1500ft road run very autumnal

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    And that is Cader Idris 10 days in a row.. runs 1-2 were slow, soon after Maesgym, 3-6 were good or fast paced efforts, 7 a longish horseshoe and in fell shoes for the first time in ages, 8 a slow recovery trip with a beginner, 9 on very steep/fell terrain again but the legs were certainly feeling tired, and #10 today a cop-out up the Pony Path (race route) & carefully/slowly down the scree to the lake, not too bad though.
    Wow - Envious.

Saturday: 5 miles, Parkrun including warm up and down.
    Sunday: 1 mile swim then 12 miles, hybrid of Crowden Horseshoe and Holme Moss race loop.
    Monday: Gentle 5 miles, dawn, pre-work, local trails
    Tuesday: 5 miles, dawn, pre-work, Gravy Pud / Lees Hill area, light gym session at lunch

Planned:
    Weds: Intervals on trail.
    Thurs: swim / rest
    Friday: long slow run
    Saturday: race or parkrun

Generally I have been trying to do 30+ miles a week over the summer, with swim, light gym, intervals, and yoga mixed in, to see where it gets me. So far loving it.
    Last edited by OB1; 23-09-2014 at 04:02 PM.