Page 1360 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 36086012601310135013581359136013611362137014101460 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,600 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Liathatch

What a fricking fantastic hill.
    pies

Better finish to the week, hoping I'm slowly getting over the ITB. nice to get some hills in..

w 10 miles usual seabrook road 10 but back down beach 7:30 pace

t 15 miles total 1150 ascent pm: baldplate quick hike with G. eve: mainr road loop.
    f 13.52 miles total 500m ascent, Hurricane Arthur passed over so shed loads of wind and rain am: maine road loop, 8:30 pace. Pm Maine loop with G 8:11 pace
    s 13 miles total 1050m ascent am: usual loop 7:43 pace. Pm: hike up puzzle mountain Grafton Notch
    s 4.4 mile road run collingswood newtone lake loop with G 8:30 pace at midnight.

Well I managed just a steady long ish run yesterday in the Peak District. Up through Burbage, along Stanage and down to Hordron Stone Circle and back. 12 miles very slow.
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Had a great run last night from Sheffield up onto the moors.
    18 miles 2000ft 3 hours, from the doorstep to the beautiful Peak District via some great trails.
    oxy.jpgtrigsy.jpg

I did my first hill run for months this morning. In fact it might even be the first this year. I've been injured and lost loads of fitness.

Started in Castleton, ran//hiked up Cave Dale then across the top by Rowter Farm. Up to Mam Tor to enjoy the sight as obscured by cloud. Then along the ridge to Hollins Cross, Back Tor and Lose Hill. I ran down Lose Hill towards the Edale Rd stopping at a gate leading to a narrow, rocky path. I then ran/hiked back up Lose Hill and on to Hollins Cross again before dropping down the side to Castleton. By that point my legs were protesting and I found the rocky, steep and damp descent a bit tough.

9.8 miles and 2300-ish feet of ascent. Not far or fast but I'm very, very happy to be back in the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Runner View Post
    I did my first hill run for months this morning. In fact it might even be the first this year. I've been injured and lost loads of fitness.

Started in Castleton, ran//hiked up Cave Dale then across the top by Rowter Farm. Up to Mam Tor to enjoy the sight as obscured by cloud. Then along the ridge to Hollins Cross, Back Tor and Lose Hill. I ran down Lose Hill towards the Edale Rd stopping at a gate leading to a narrow, rocky path. I then ran/hiked back up Lose Hill and on to Hollins Cross again before dropping down the side to Castleton. By that point my legs were protesting and I found the rocky, steep and damp descent a bit tough.

9.8 miles and 2300-ish feet of ascent. Not far or fast but I'm very, very happy to be back in the hills.
    Love running on that ridge.. used to do lots of hill reps up and down each side of it..

90+ for the first time in a good few months after 80+ last week.. slowly getting back into it. Still finding high humidity and 90F most days to make running just hard work..

I blogged about getting over my ITB issues recently http://iainsrunning.blogspot.com

m: 12.1 miles, 9 miles on the road then gave in and went in the gym as thunderstorms got too scary
    t: am: steady 5 miler. pm: 8.5 miles with6 x 800m reps, very very humid
    w; 16 miles on the road 7:10 pace, very warm.
    t: 4.8 miles at lunch slow. 10.3 miles in evening, really suffered with chaffing..
    f: am: 7.5 miles road and trail slow. pm: 5.6 miles road 7:40 pace
    s: 10.3 miles Newport news state park, VA, nice trails. 7:50 pace
    s: lunch: 5.36 miles VA, 7:30 pace. pm: 5.25 miles 7:45 pace after 6 hour drive back

Need to add more quality now, keep at 90. I have a marathon in 3 weeks but only need to run sub 3 to qualify for Boston which will also function as a quality training run for Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Runner View Post

did you have a dog with you? think you may have run passed me before the last climb to mam nick

Buckden Pike & Great Whernside from Kettlewell today. A beautiful run. 12.5 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post

Need to add more quality now, keep at 90. I have a marathon in 3 weeks but only need to run sub 3 to qualify for Boston which will also function as a quality training run for Chicago.

..only need to run sub 3!

17 miles Saturday morning 2,500ft ascent.
    5.5 miles Sunday 600ft ascent and 17 miles on mtb 2500ft ascent.
    http://instagram.com/p/qpBNbHCaDg/?modal=true Picture from Saturday morning, Hope Valley was under cloud!

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    ..only need to run sub 3!

17 miles Saturday morning 2,500ft ascent.
    5.5 miles Sunday 600ft ascent and 17 miles on mtb 2500ft ascent.
    http://instagram.com/p/qpBNbHCaDg/?modal=true Picture from Saturday morning, Hope Valley was under cloud!
    sub 3 'should' be comfortable.. this heat is killing me though, did 17.25 last night, 7:25 pace and just felt listless..

Really need to switch to am runs. The marathon starts at 7:15 so I should be done soon after 10 am.. and is fairly shaded so it shouldn't be too bad..