Page 1204 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 20470411041154119412021203120412051206121412541304 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,040 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Drifted off to sleep and ran a virtual 50 miles in 6 hours 15. I wonder if I can follow that with another 100 tonight.

Seriously though it is a long time since I broke 30 miles in one which I had better do soon in prep for the Paddy. Need to find the glory days of running 25-40 miles relatively quickly and comfortably too.
    Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top, then you will see how low it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliveybaby View Post
    Drifted off to sleep and ran a virtual 50 miles in 6 hours 15. I wonder if I can follow that with another 100 tonight.

Seriously though it is a long time since I broke 30 miles in one which I had better do soon in prep for the Paddy. Need to find the glory days of running 25-40 miles relatively quickly and comfortably too.
    Might try Sleep Running, sounds faster and less painful, no need to eat either.
    Sure the glory days will return with a steady build up Clive.
    Hills and Guinness!

A nice little 8.75 miles up From Langsett Barn to Margery Hill. Spewed my guts up at mile 3. Catarrrrrh! I can't get rid of it. Had a super fall at 6.5 miles. Both knees and left elbow banged up. 1900 feet of ups and downs in 1:36.47. Left a nice snack in the Margery Hill Geocache Box.

*-25 minutes cross trainer (hamstring too tight to run) followed by barbell shoulder press, barbell curls and tricep press.
    Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top, then you will see how low it is.

I ran to top of Hartfell hill just north of Moffat, one of my normal training runs this morning. It usually takes me 1:15ish in training,I did it today with my MM pack and thought it would take me near 2 hours, I didit in 1:30, happy to do it that quickly but then not happy as I could have ran further before work in the time I had.

ATB

Tahr

Looking forward to my trot from Baildon to Ilkley & then Burley after the dreaded dentist this afternoon !!

Despite the doomwatchers that tell me I'll slow down as I get older and the 'experts' that tell me that I'll lose speed now that I am doing more long distance runs and most of my running off-road, I did my fastest recorded road time trial last night. hurrah!:thumbup:
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    Despite the doomwatchers that tell me I'll slow down as I get older and the 'experts' that tell me that I'll lose speed now that I am doing more long distance runs and most of my running off-road, I did my fastest recorded road time trial last night. hurrah!:thumbup:
    Never been fast, but since I've gone longer I've lost weight and got faster on short runs.
    Well done Hes:thumbup:

The experts say you lose speed if your fast and go long, that's probably true, but if you never had any speed you've nowt to lose and everything to gain, my un-expert theory.
    Last edited by stevefoster; 28-06-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    Hills and Guinness!

11 mile run home from work, cross-country using public footpaths; never done it before, plotted the route on OS getamap and uploaded to my garmin. Great idea I thought, except for the fact that some of the footpaths were severely neglected and overgrown and now I'm covered in grass whips and nettle stings. Good fun though and made a change from the usual bike commute.

25miles of hills on the bike, desperately trying to get bike fit for summer triathlons after a winter-spring of long run training for the Fellsman.

God my legs hurt!