Page 1230 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 23073011301180122012281229123012311232124012801330 ... LastLast
Results 12,291 to 12,300 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

38miles and 1126m ascent, I think.

Really not sure about this trail running lark, I was fantasizing about peat hags and thick heather for much of the day.

Watched a couple of people did there shoes out of the mud which provided some entertainment. Very very muddy, miles and miles of feet eating swampy mud
    pies

8 Miles up and around the Wessenden Valley. 1100 feet of ups and downs. Nice.

Quite a tough run in the far eastern fells. Not the distance or climb (12miles 1800 ft) but really hard going over very boggy terrain and lots of pathless fell. Wet sleddale - Sleddale Hll - Mosedale bothy - Brunt Tongue - Harrop Pike - Great Yarlside - Wasdale Pike and back. Not a soul seen and wet feet all round. Huge group of deer and stags running wild on Wasdale Pike gave a nice finish to quiet couple of hours on the fells.

mattp - I quite like the running up that way, use it as a stop off to break long journeys from Scotland to darn sarf
    pies

2.5 mls near my house :-). Getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    mattp - I quite like the running up that way, use it as a stop off to break long journeys from Scotland to darn sarf
    You may well have done this - in which case ignore - but there's a nice horseshoe to be done from Huck's bridge around Borrowdale to the east of the A6. I've never seen another person out on those fells although I know its a regular venue for a few Kendal based fell runners.

5 miles over Scout Scar. Last run for a couple of days due to impending 12 hour night shifts :thunbdown:

Quote Originally Posted by mattp View Post
    You may well have done this - in which case ignore - but there's a nice horseshoe to be done from Huck's bridge around Borrowdale to the east of the A6. I've never seen another person out on those fells although I know its a regular venue for a few Kendal based fell runners.
    I had a walk over there last weekend with the missus. Parked in the layby just above the bridge. We went up the big bridleway to the north of the river, along the ridge, down to Low Borrowdale Farm and then back along by the river. We were looking over to the ridge on the south of the river and wondering if you could make a loop round. Is this what you do? If so, where do you drop down from the south ridge and cross the river to get up on to the north ridge.
    Geoff Clarke

Banned

A steady hill session to the top of Snowden and back with Mrs Stagger. Very cold and misty with driving rain in parts.
    Good little session though enjoyed it and the kiss at the trig made it special.
    From the cattle grid to the top just clocked 3100ft and 8.7 miles.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    A steady hill session to the top of Snowden and back with Mrs Stagger. Very cold and misty with driving rain in parts.
    Good little session though enjoyed it and the kiss at the trig made it special.
    From the cattle grid to the top just clocked 3100ft and 8.7 miles.
    :love: top man!
    Poacher turned game-keeper