Page 1231 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 23173111311181122112291230123112321233124112811331 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,310 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Banned

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    :love: top man!
    Cheers mate.

With the new diet I've been on I'm now running sub 12st. Never been under that since 16year old. Can't get enough of climbing now (and can run a lot more of the ups).

Happy to be out with Linda more, but I was on my 2 hr limit for running before the body shuts down or falls over.

Cycling tomorrow probably in the rain but who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I had a walk over there last weekend with the missus. Parked in the layby just above the bridge. We went up the big bridleway to the north of the river, along the ridge, down to Low Borrowdale Farm and then back along by the river. We were looking over to the ridge on the south of the river and wondering if you could make a loop round. Is this what you do? If so, where do you drop down from the south ridge and cross the river to get up on to the north ridge.
    Geoff - I/we usually go over the South side first (although it doesn't matter) run along the ridge from Mabbin Crag towards Whinfell Beacon. You soon see the big radio mast just after the beacon and you need to head for that. When you get to the mast a bridleway cuts in from the South. You can follow this NNE down into the valley or head off piste to save a bit of plodding. When you get to the river head back west until you cross the bridge. You basically plough straight up the fellside along a fence line for a while and then aim to hit the top of the ridge when you then follow it West back to the main path that you desribe at the start.

There are trods of varying obviousness for most of the way. Hope that makes sense otherwise happy to go for a recce sometime if you want?

Quote Originally Posted by mattp View Post
    Geoff - I/we usually go over the South side first (although it doesn't matter) run along the ridge from Mabbin Crag towards Whinfell Beacon. You soon see the big radio mast just after the beacon and you need to head for that. When you get to the mast a bridleway cuts in from the South. You can follow this NNE down into the valley or head off piste to save a bit of plodding. When you get to the river head back west until you cross the bridge. You basically plough straight up the fellside along a fence line for a while and then aim to hit the top of the ridge when you then follow it West back to the main path that you desribe at the start.

There are trods of varying obviousness for most of the way. Hope that makes sense otherwise happy to go for a recce sometime if you want?
    Cheers, sounds good. Will give you a shout if I'm heading that way. Fancy it as a headtorcher, but think it'll need a recce in the light!
    Geoff Clarke

13.2 miles around the Old/New PW near Marsden. 1200 feet of ups. New pb, Nice.

Just over 5 miles today around Snaefell on the Isle of Man. 1900 feet of climb. Wintry showers at the top and blowing a gale.

Attachment 6471
    Last edited by Manx Legs; 02-11-2012 at 04:48 PM.

3 miles round the golf course... The comeback from injury begins....

It must be a bloody tough golf course by the look of all the buggies and motorized golf bags on it!

6.5 miles around the Colne Valley with 600 ft of ups. Going to run every day for the rest of the month if possible and see what happens.

Been a good few days. Thursday, 12 miles in dumtotchty forest, Friday 12 miles in glen derry and glen tilt, saturday 15 mile road run, lovely rural circuit at 6:30 pace and felt good again, today, will recce Pentland skyline route.. nice few days in lovely cold crisp weather..

8 Mile loop around the old/new PW from Marsden. 1200feet ups. Nice and cold.

Yesterday - Parked at Kirkstone Pass. Straight up Red Screes and onto little Hart Crag (bumping into a forumite en route), then Dove Crag, Hart Crag and up to Fairfield. Same route then in reverse but descent along High Hartsop Dodd. 10 miles 3500 ft. Deep snow made tough going but bright sunshine, blue skies and excellent views eased the pain.

Today - usual 6 mile route over Scout Scar. Another stunning morning.