Page 1232 of 1694 FirstFirst ... 23273211321182122212301231123212331234124212821332 ... LastLast
Results 12,311 to 12,320 of 16931

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Nipped out for 40 mins at lunch time over the moors near the office. My normal route but looped back early to get the climb twice and add in a small narrow off camber descent bit to a scramble over a collapsed dry stone wall.

First run off road for weeks. It's been all road and cycling. I lapped it up.

Ambleside orienteering event last night. Good quick blast round. A few mistakes although it was pretty straight-forward really. West African peanut stew in Bilbo's afterwards. Nice!
    Geoff Clarke

Yesterday concentrated on squats, lunges, burpees andd sort sprints. Out on bike earlier resulted in flat tire and a push home..!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Recc'ied the Tinto hill race course this morning, did a couple of bits twice to get a idea of the best route off the sumit. Text my mate and told him they had laid a tarmac and compacted stone track to the sumit so he would need racing flats for Saturday's race.

I thought about using X-Talons but wasn't sure so think I will stick to "If in doubt get the mudclaws out.":wink:
    ATB

Tahr

Viewing houses near Stirling, ok, not actual physical exercise but jolly hard work dealing with these 'Estate Agents'
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by mattp View Post
    Yesterday - Parked at Kirkstone Pass. Straight up Red Screes and onto little Hart Crag (bumping into a forumite en route), then Dove Crag, Hart Crag and up to Fairfield. Same route then in reverse but descent along High Hartsop Dodd. 10 miles 3500 ft. Deep snow made tough going but bright sunshine, blue skies and excellent views eased the pain.

Today - usual 6 mile route over Scout Scar. Another stunning morning.
    Only a tiny bit of snow on Hart Crag today and none in the valley from Rydal, very very wet under foot though, claggy, windy and mizzly feet and hands froze, no pain easing skies blue sadly. Similar route to your's the other day but ascending and descending from the other side! No one to be seen.

Last night 5 miles headtorching.

Tonight lovely hill reps.

Nothing today...Rest.
    Yesterday intended to run but had to change plans...So went on the turbo trainer in the garage in the evening. 1 x 30 mins interval with warm and cool down either side.

Put the Hope on the mountain bike but it's really rainy. Going to eat a chicken kiev instead.

4 mile headtorcher earlier. Beautiful evening, very wet and boggy, just how I like it. About 10 miles on the bike and another flat tire second day in a row..luckily it went down at home!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!