Page 1282 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 28278211821232127212801281128212831284129213321382 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,820 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Super Moderator

Re: Today's Training

Thanks for posting Will. We've got a part day in the Peak coming up and I was pondering how best to spend it
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Super Moderator

Really great start to our 'summer' season of Wednesday night social clubs tonight from King's Arms, Silsden. Kicking steps in snow, curlew and lapwings, shorts, real ale. Blooming brilliant!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Shorts and snow weather here too

1hr on the cx bike yesterday morning, 10 miles in total for yesterday's club run with some extra at the end for good measure.

6 miles today, about 3 of which seemed to be sliding downhill on my butt.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Steady 62.1 miles at 7:04 minute pace.. tired towards the end.. 3rd in Britain.. but 7:18 was GB qualifying.. not 7:19:09.. which I never knew about.. so happy enough but plenty of what ifs...
    Well done Iain :-) that is an amazing time. Hope you're not too disappointed with just missing that time. 100k is a massive achievement, just be glad you can :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    Well done Iain :-) that is an amazing time. Hope you're not too disappointed with just missing that time. 100k is a massive achievement, just be glad you can :-)
    Thanks, strangely not at all dissapointed. Sort of find it funny really tbh.. but also there are things in life worth getting upset about.. this isn't one of them. Monday brought terrible news which brings such things into perspective..

Running again, gentle 4 miles Tuesday, slightly quicker 3 miles yesterday. Probably 5 on trails tonight. No injuries and 1 blister so got off pretty lightly. Decided 100k justified a first rest day in 115 or so days.

Thats great run IainR. I'm happy to run my regular 3 mile route in 7 min mile pace!!!

10.5 mile / 3000' from 'Purple House' (no longer there!) in Newlands valley, ran up Sailbeck path to Buttermere, up onto the first top on Dale Head ridge whose name eludes me just now. Then dropped down to the hause and back along Knott Rigg(?), the ridge running back to the car. Felt rubbish most of the way round and feel knackered today. No idea why!?
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

3 days. 1hr 20m on the hill, glorious weather for the club run. Highlands looked like an oil painting.

2hr 15m yesterday, quite a lot of deep snow and cornices hanging on.

2hr on the cx bike today. More wonderful weather.
    pies

not been having a good time recently but shook it off yesterday with a guided walk around the Y3P in 9.00 hours. yes thats slow but I had a huge sack and the hills were in fine form including the most exciting ascent of Inglebugger I've ever had....You better hope it's not like that on race day.

Today a glorious run with Green Flash, Russ and Exchair Paul of DP 15.5 miles taking in the Skarrett Stone-1894 Stone-Tea plant over to Barrow Stones and the Source of the DerwentIanother tea plant-Ronksey Cabin-Lord Ed Springs- Icelandic aircraft wreck-Outer edge(via a big snow bank) yet another tea plant and the V1 crater-Mickledon Pond-back to the Don and through the woods.

Great to be out again and do some exploring. Wild birds every where and mountain hares by the dozen. We only saw one other person (twice) never needed a windproof or gloves. could this be the start of summer....I wearing shorts as I type!!!!

Short steep run while Mrs E and toddler E were asleep in our holiday lodge. Straight up to the top of Offa's dyke from llanfair waterdine, along the top to the trig and then back down a track. About 5km and 200m climb, bone dry in patches, Roaches farmyard style slurry in others and snow drifts well over fence height in sheltered spots.

SHORTS AGAIN!! Spring at last!

65 mile in 17 hr within a 30 hr period with 20000 ft of climbing
    followed by 5000 today on blocks
    Last edited by vespa; 08-04-2013 at 07:24 PM.