Page 1299 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 29979911991249128912971298129913001301130913491399 ... LastLast
Results 12,981 to 12,990 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I wondered if you ran after the championship race Iain

Night off for us tonight after six in six :closed:
    Aye.. just normal now.. so a slow 3 miler.. but back running OK now.. just finished yesterdays run with the last 2 miles around 6:30 min miling.. so pretty happy to be back training normally again..

Yesterday was great, 4.5 mile trail run at 7 am on the isle of luing, then drive to the lakes, 5 mile fell walk over langdales pikes, then a 4 mile trail run in langdale.. then beers, food watching a good singer in the New Dungeon Ghyll..

Did an 18 mile very hilly trail run tonight, close to 3000ft climbing, 2hr50. Really pleased as I managed to knock mile 15,16,17 out sub 7 min mile which on the trails I thought was decent, wasn't stopping at the end so well pleased, need to fit in something around 3hr30 next weekend, then I should be alright for the long distance mtn running champs in Poland. I know its going to be brutal and hoping I haven't undercooked the training, Im envisaging it will take circa 4hrs. Most of my runs have been around 1hr45 so Im good for 2and a half hours racing, but 4 I might be flagging

I'm not sure MK will be 4 hours.. suppose down to your fitness..

Depends on the heat though, above the tree line it can be very hot as its barren up there.

Its also only 42km.. not 44km as advertised according to the Polish runners I chatted to in my last race in the Krkonose.

I think I was hoping for a time under Jungfrau.. of the 4 World long courses I've seen I think this is the easiest as a run.. only one longish climb of 800-900m.. then just short climbs, what 1000ft max at a time from then on. the difficulty will be how runnable the course is.

It will suit UK trail runners, not fell runners. The first climb is very runnable then you suddenly kick up but as its the first climb I think most will run it all. I ran almost it all in deep snow.. slowly.. but as the running is so fast in the second half having legs left. However its still fairly technical under foot, pitched path from 35km on wards so if you are struggling its much harder.

I just won a marathon that was along the ridge which had the same section around 3okm in and I was surprised how much my pace dropped. Road shoes for sure, I ran a much rougher route in adidas adizeros and was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    I'm not sure MK will be 4 hours.. suppose down to your fitness..

Depends on the heat though, above the tree line it can be very hot as its barren up there.

Its also only 42km.. not 44km as advertised according to the Polish runners I chatted to in my last race in the Krkonose.

I think I was hoping for a time under Jungfrau.. of the 4 World long courses I've seen I think this is the easiest as a run.. only one longish climb of 800-900m.. then just short climbs, what 1000ft max at a time from then on. the difficulty will be how runnable the course is.

It will suit UK trail runners, not fell runners. The first climb is very runnable then you suddenly kick up but as its the first climb I think most will run it all. I ran almost it all in deep snow.. slowly.. but as the running is so fast in the second half having legs left. However its still fairly technical under foot, pitched path from 35km on wards so if you are struggling its much harder.

I just won a marathon that was along the ridge which had the same section around 3okm in and I was surprised how much my pace dropped. Road shoes for sure, I ran a much rougher route in adidas adizeros and was fine.
    Im getting very fit, just in time I reckon, out for 3 hours hard running yesterday and feel as fresh as a daisy today, always a good sign in my book, if you recover quickly you know youre in good nick... the course should suit me down to the ground, but judging the pace will be key I reckon. Judging by the entry list, the competition will indeed be world class, so deciding who to chase/run with could be difficult! got accomodation sorted today less than a tenner :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    Im getting very fit, just in time I reckon, out for 3 hours hard running yesterday and feel as fresh as a daisy today, always a good sign in my book, if you recover quickly you know youre in good nick... the course should suit me down to the ground, but judging the pace will be key I reckon. Judging by the entry list, the competition will indeed be world class, so deciding who to chase/run with could be difficult! got accomodation sorted today less than a tenner :thumbup:
    Wheres that?

Before now I've stayed in Hotel Agat and camped in the 'centre'....

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Wheres that?

Before now I've stayed in Hotel Agat and camped in the 'centre'....
    If you google, Sila szklarska poreba, thats where we are, 35zl each in a triple, not sure of any single rates mind if travelling solo...

Cheers.. may head there this weekend.. was off to Bavaria, Mittenwald for Kawrwendal Berglauf.. but the weather looks awful, so 16 hours of driving for a clagged in mountain race, a probably cancelled beer festival and a 2 day hike in the mountains isn't so appealing...

But looks like most of central Europe has bad weather..

Two runs for me yesterday, too hot to spend too long (whinge whinge whine moan etc etc) on the hill at the minute in any one go.

An awful 40minutes on the Loch Leven trail after the morning run to Edinburgh Airport. And it was awful, felt like giving up running. Still, I managed to supplement a meagre breakfast with numerous flying insects.

Then, in contrast an thoroughly enjoyable fast 1hr after work.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    1hr on the bike first thing yesterday, followed by an utterly hideous run in high temperatures.

I say run, I mean walk with a slow jog in the descents. And that was flat out. Warm weather is not my cup of tea.
    I really dislike this weather too. I would genuinely prefer to live somewhere where the temp's around freezing point all year round.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    I really dislike this weather too. I would genuinely prefer to live somewhere where the temp's around freezing point all year round.
    Are we going to have a whipround for a one-way ticket to Nepal? I'm good for a fiver.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club