Page 1336 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 33683612361286132613341335133613371338134613861436 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,360 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Box ticking shortie tonight (I'll make you for it tomorrow...honest) on my Stolly inspired run-everyday routine (started 24/10/13). 4 miles, head torching to Lodge Sike and back along the lane - light drizzle.
    Promise kept. 6.5 miles over Monksmoor in the pervasive, depressing murk. At least there was still some daylight or else navigation would have been a real pain and I'd have to stick to the lane. Night plus thick fog and scant landscape features are my navigation nemesis, even in the 'back yard'.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    I remember meeting Blackfoot at a race years ago, he was a Lytham St Anne's Road Runner in those days
    It would appear that Blackfoot has been a Bowland (home of the bat run) member for a while

Tough one last night, 6.5 mile tempo run followed by a club training session, warm up then 18X200m hill reps then cool down, total of 7.5 miles. Pretty tried today.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

really slow 4.3 last night.. felt shattered and it was so cold, the slush had refrozen, so used it as a rest day..

4 at lunch today, 4:30 managed 11.3 on snowy trails as before darkness set in.. no head torch, nice work out, 3 x 3km loops with a few guys from the running group.

62 for the week, 2 days to go so should hit 95 or so again..

Day off work so I decided to head over to the Lakes and run an old favourite - the quiet route from Bowscale, up to the tarn, climb up to and along the ridge to Bowscale Fell and then onto Foule Crag and Blencathra and straight back. Unfortunately, while parking at Bowscale, the weather was getting rather 'dramatic' with a whiteout and the snow was beginning to lay heavily on the road. Decided to do a shortie ( )as worried about getting back over the Pennines. Up to the tarn and then the ridge to Bowscale Fell, then followed the ridge east towards Raven Crags, dropping down steeply to the car again. Less than 5 miles and 1557 feet of ascent.

As it was the Brough to Middleton road was closed due to snow and all traffic diverted onto the A66 - so maybe it was right to be cautious - a bugger though.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Steady 10 last night, 8:20 nice and steady.. then 20 this morning, 6:48 pace, hard going in strong winds.

http://www.strava.com/activities/110321209

All miles sb 7 but was hard work at times, some long very gradual climbs into the wind.. then easy miles in other sections.. +1, had a real sweat on for a change

Managed just 2 miles this week and half an hour gym!
    Hit with some 'man flu' but feeling better and out tomorrow hopefully.

Reading IanR's training posts is as close to running as I've gotten this week
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Looking forward to a hilly 8 miles tomorrow over the client hills

I went to the Upper Derwent Valley this morning for my first 'proper' fell/trail run since October. Been a bit injured and ill. Went Fairholmes, Abbey Clough, Lost Lad then along Derwent Edge to Whinstone Lee Tor. 'Over the edge' and along the road before a gentle run back along Ladybower.

11.1 miles, 1380ft of climbing, wind was too strong and cold and I was too bloody slow. Still, VERY happy to be back at it.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Runner View Post
    I went to the Upper Derwent Valley this morning for my first 'proper' fell/trail run since October. Been a bit injured and ill. Went Fairholmes, Abbey Clough, Lost Lad then along Derwent Edge to Whinstone Lee Tor. 'Over the edge' and along the road before a gentle run back along Ladybower.

11.1 miles, 1380ft of climbing, wind was too strong and cold and I was too bloody slow. Still, VERY happy to be back at it.
    Classic Peakland running. Envious
    Poacher turned game-keeper