Page 1340 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 34084012401290133013381339134013411342135013901440 ... LastLast
Results 13,391 to 13,400 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    750 metres (distance) to Boots the chemist.

Hard work.
    Do you have the CR on Strava?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    750 metres (distance) to Boots the chemist.

Hard work.
    Did Maell a Bhuachaille today, 15 mile from the end of Loch Morlich and along the ridge and back to the reindeer centre then back around the loch, 900 m ascent.. you'd have loved it, some nice deep powder with a shin scraping crust.. luckily not too bad and no axe needed so nice option..

Yesterday, 15.1 miles on the road around drumtochty, 6:37 pace..

Probably an easier day tomorrow as I'm tired but up here so may as well do something.. will have a think.

85 for the week with a day to go, so an easy 10 leaves me at 95 with some nice quality runs this week.

Dufton to High Cup Nick and back following the race route mainly. Squelchy, windy, a smattering of snow and sleet and lots of mud. Luuuuvely
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Do you have the CR on Strava?
    Darn it, I should never have switched to Garmin Connect.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Did Maell a Bhuachaille today, 15 mile from the end of Loch Morlich and along the ridge and back to the reindeer centre then back around the loch, 900 m ascent.. you'd have loved it, some nice deep powder with a shin scraping crust.. luckily not too bad and no axe needed so nice option..

Yesterday, 15.1 miles on the road around drumtochty, 6:37 pace..

Probably an easier day tomorrow as I'm tired but up here so may as well do something.. will have a think.

85 for the week with a day to go, so an easy 10 leaves me at 95 with some nice quality runs this week.
    Reckon I did this same route a couple of weeks back, it's a nice wee ridge line that. Nothing in particular about the ridge which is so so. But it commands the best view 'of' the Northern Gorms I know of.

And both my girlfriend, and a friend I chatted briefly to on Tuesday can now confirm. This flu is quite infectious. Shame really, as I could have done with some miles before heading out to Norway end of next week.

Hmmm, reckon I might contact the resort today to enquire about XC skiing or Snow Show hire. XC skiing looks quite hideously hard, I don't imagine too many people do it in Norway, so not much chance of being made to look stupid and rubbish by some 70 cruising by at three times my speed. I've got that right haven't i.......?
    Last edited by shaunaneto; 15-02-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    pies

Banned
    Jogged up an incline then scrambled a bank to 1555m today 24 degrees, this warm weather training in Spain is great.
    Mrs Stagger has done good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Jogged up an incline then scrambled a bank to 1555m today 24 degrees, this warm weather training in Spain is great.
    Mrs Stagger has done good for us.
    You have earned your pre birthday sangria! Have a good one tomorrow

Well it was a Club 5 mile hilly trail race, I had the perfect race plan knowing that I had the edge on my club mates on descending, I would simply follow them to the top at there pace then at the fence just before the top when they would be hurting most I would kick past to the top then put the hammer down to the finish and win the race.

All was going perfectly to plan, coming to the fence just before the top, I kicked past my 3 club mates into the lead and jumped the barb wire fence, however the loop in my fell shoe laces caught in one of the wire barbs and I was left hanging off the fence upside down, in fairness my club mates did ask if I was OK and did I need a hand, but as it was a race I told them I would be fine. In trying to brake free I snapped the lace and got a couple of minor scratches, I then tried up the remaining laces and set off to catch the 3 of them.

I caught the 3rd place guy pretty quickly the other two were well ahead, I caught the 2nd place guy just before the bottom of the last hill, with a mile of flat to go I set off the 1st place runner I caught him with 400 yards to go, but in the last 150 yard he got back passed me to win, still a moral victory I am going to claim. Although good effort it was no cigar for me.

The knee was fine while racing but sore now.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Two runs so far this week. One mile each. Sounds pathetic but I'm ecstatic as it means I'm on the mend after being knocked off my bike last week. Hoping to up the distance a tad today, maybe 5km.

Massive thanks to accelerate performance centre for getting my seized up joints moving again. The world looks like it's in HD at the moment, must mean my concussion has gone away...

That's good to hear things are improving Paul.

Managed a timid hour on the turbo trainer yesterday, shall get another in today.
    pies