Page 1341 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 34184112411291133113391340134113421343135113911441 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,410 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

11 mile on the beach, beautiful sunny conditions, even with a bit of a steady north easterly ( first time in a while its blew from up there ), 710-40 pace with a couple 650's in for good measure, lovely run. 4th consecutive day out, something I haven't managed for probably a year or so, well chuffed

4km gentle run today, 100m climbing, 22 minutes. Felt a lot tougher than it should, but still an improvement every day. Fingers crossed I'll be back in shape to try and beat 3:45 at edale skyline. I was after 3:30 but think that's a tad out of reach now...

a few hours on the HPM today, nice to do some thing longer with good company.

A slightly less than feeble hour on the turbo trainer for me.
    pies

A hilly 8 miles in the Yorks Wolds yesterday and a steady run round the Yorkshire 3 Peaks in lovely weather today.

Absolutely spannered now so a day off tomorrow

Master
    Good circuit yesterday. Stair over Causey-Eel Crag-Whiteless-Buttermere-Red Pike-High Stile and Crag-Hassness-Robinson-Stair. Snow above 500m but all pretty runnable. probably more icy on higher ground. About 20 miles and just under 8000'.

23 miles Keswick to Ambleside, over Greenup Edge. Great until Greenup then snow was down, clag was down, far bit of rain. Made an error knowing where I was coming up off the main path. Took a bearing to Low White Stones. Hit a crag (Long Crag?) Took another bearing to try and get to Whiteside. Thought I'd missed it...was now very confused. Eventually I hit Whiteside(?), started to feel the cold so followed the foot marks over to where I was guessing was Pavey Ark etc. Didn't feel right but by this point I was thinking 'Just get down!!' so kept following the foot prints. It felt like I was dropping down from Sgt Man, but it turned out to be into Easedale Tarn. Very slippy...fell about three times, might have popped a rib! Knackered, wet, slow....great day!!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    23 miles Keswick to Ambleside, over Greenup Edge. Great until Greenup then snow was down, clag was down, far bit of rain. Made an error knowing where I was coming up off the main path. Took a bearing to Low White Stones. Hit a crag (Long Crag?) Took another bearing to try and get to Whiteside. Thought I'd missed it...was now very confused. Eventually I hit Whiteside(?), started to feel the cold so followed the foot marks over to where I was guessing was Pavey Ark etc. Didn't feel right but by this point I was thinking 'Just get down!!' so kept following the foot prints. It felt like I was dropping down from Sgt Man, but it turned out to be into Easedale Tarn. Very slippy...fell about three times, might have popped a rib! Knackered, wet, slow....great day!!!
    Very jealous sounds superb..

So Frankfurt visa interview this am.. 10 hours of driving for 120 second chat.. then driving back I realised I pass the Harz mountains so pulled over and ran a 13 miler, 800m ascent.. lovely run, very samey as it was just forestry tracks.. but nice to be running hills..

lovely spring day yesterday, the sun was shining, the birds were singing and the snowdrops and crocuses were flowering...must mean snow is imminent

yesterday morning had a nice 10 mile steady road run as I was short of time.

in the evening I joined a group from Dark Peak for a 7 mile head torch run over the hills. starting in star light but clouded over as we finished.

I've taken a break from running this week and have been out walking more. The things you don't see while out running is amazing!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!