Page 1342 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 34284212421292133213401341134213431344135213921442 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,420 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Steady week.. back in Rostock and zero motivation.. always get like this around now, just get sick of dark nights and bad weather..

m: 3 miles really easy with the dog..
    t: lovely 13 mile trail run Harz mountains
    w:13.5 mile road run steady pace
    t: 6 miles on trails and then 8.5 miles on road in the evening..

May race tomorrow but missed Kiel marathon entry so trying to find a new race to do.. there's a 25k trail race an hour away so that could fit.

12 miles and 4800ft yesterday up and down Kinder starting at Snake Inn. Legs tired today might have a steady one later.
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

3 short runs today, all with a pushchair. About 10 km all in and plenty of hills. Running to and from a dark peak race (I was timekeeper as still recovering). Feeling tired but surprisingly good.

2 short runs yesterday, the first to try to get over a 4 am drinking session on my leaving do..

Today last run in Rostock, out at the Heide, 8.7 miles, 7k out 7 k back, 6:21 pace at 8 am, felt hard work, 0.3 cool down. Maybe another 3-4 tonight in France... long drive to come..

15km through deep snow and across a frozen lake with numerous pressure fractures.

Huskies may have been involved.

I may have fallen off.

I also now smell quite a lot.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    15km through deep snow and across a frozen lake with numerous pressure fractures.

Huskies may have been involved.

I may have fallen off.

I also now smell quite a lot.
    so is this the norway trip? which part?

toay, woke up in dunkirk, ferry to dover, drove to sheff.. 5.6 miles slow with fly in the woods of whirlowdale, ecclesall and ladies spring then the golf courses... then 6.4 miles on my own on roads.. so tired.. 2 days to pack fly to states and have job interview next week which want a 20 min lec on physiology of invertebrate excretion (??!!) and a 50 minute seminar on my own work.....

so is this the norway trip? which part?
    Beitostolen in Oystre Slidre. East of Sognefjord.

Pretty much just come to learn to ski. Picked somewhere on offer, not France, Switzerland, Spain, or Italy (wanted a new country), lots of snow, quiet pistes, and good quality ski school.

The resort is tiny really. But the pistes are very quiet, which was high on the list of wants when choosing.

I'd only recommend the place if you've got kids in tow, or you're looking to learn from scratch to ski/board.

The husky trip was excellent.
    pies

After a 28 mile 'Tour of Skiddaw', extended to Braithwaite and back to Keswick via Portinscale, I managed a really nice 11 miler round Ingleborough from Clapham. Quite pleased but wish I'd not had my slipped disc back in October because I think I'd be well away now if I'd been running the routes I'd been thinking of through October -February!! If's and buts......
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post

The husky trip was excellent.
    If we meet up at the LAMM I will introduce you to my running partner, former European and World sledge dog racing champion.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Carhullan, Loadpot, Red Crag, High Raise, The Knot and High Street and straight back again. 15 miles and about 3,200 feet.

What a fantastic day! Sunshine, crunchy snow and shorts . Someone had beat me to it as I followed some fresh Mudclaw studmarks in the snow from Loadpot Hill and whoever it was eventually bypassed High Street and seemed to be heading towards Thornthwaite and possibly Kirkstone or Kentmere.
    Am Yisrael Chai