Page 1344 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 34484412441294133413421343134413451346135413941444 ... LastLast
Results 13,431 to 13,440 of 16911

Thread: Today's Training

10 mile/1190 ft guiding around some wilder parts of the peak.

steady pace.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post

Drove into me refusing to budge I dive out the way and hurl abuse, he jams his breaks on, reverses back into me.. jumps out runs at me.. so I shove him back and exchange a few words, really should have thrown a punch but I need a clean record for this visa... he then yells at me 'Did tha see me.. Did tha see me!!'

Yes clearly I did, I just assumed you'd pull over a metre you little fat shit, 'lay a hand on me again and I'll put tha in the ditch'

He had no teeth so I think he had form for getting a kicking...
    Going by your description Iain, that sounds very much like Danbert

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    http://www.strava.com/activities/116968137

Long road run.. Beauchief up to ringinglow, out to stanage, down to millstone up to surprise view, past fox house . owler bar > totley >millhouses park> beauchief.. just shy of 19 miles, 1800ft ascent 7:12 pace..

Pretty horrid circuit..

Drivers were OK.. one was fantastic..

Drove into me refusing to budge I dive out the way and hurl abuse, he jams his breaks on, reverses back into me.. jumps out runs at me.. so I shove him back and exchange a few words, really should have thrown a punch but I need a clean record for this visa... he then yells at me 'Did tha see me.. Did tha see me!!'

Yes clearly I did, I just assumed you'd pull over a metre you little fat shit, 'lay a hand on me again and I'll put tha in the ditch'

He had no teeth so I think he had form for getting a kicking...

TBH I think I was well within my rights to shove him away, he'd just driven into me and reversed into me making contact.. when he jumped out I think I was right to expect an attack.. anyway a woman pulled over and yelled that I was right to be running into traffic...but she was 'a stupid bitch' in his words.. an old guy stopped as the traffic by now was all stopped.... then two cyclists stopped and he then got back in his car..

Stupidly i didnt get his number.. she was a runner so tempted to tweet see if anyone got his number...

His argument was I should run on the rough grass on the side of the road... anyway helped my pace... was sub 6:20 for a chunk of miles with that adrenalin....
    Sorry to hear about your altercation Ian, last year my mate had a lorry driver get out of his cab brandishing an iron bar after a fall out at a roundabout.

Well I am getting back into it; my knee is niggling but holding up at the minute.

Saturday down the lakes with the class of 2014, we ran leg 2 of the BG 14 miles 4900ft of climb.

Sunday ran my local hills again 14 miles but 6400ft of climb, not a lot of running but more trudging through fresh snow, pretty tough going to be honest.

Today a club speed session, interval training 800m x 5 relay race with warm up and cool down.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Sorry to hear about your altercation Ian, last year my mate had a lorry driver get out of his cab brandishing an iron bar after a fall out at a roundabout.

Well I am getting back into it; my knee is niggling but holding up at the minute.

Saturday down the lakes with the class of 2014, we ran leg 2 of the BG 14 miles 4900ft of climb.

Sunday ran my local hills again 14 miles but 6400ft of climb, not a lot of running but more trudging through fresh snow, pretty tough going to be honest.

Today a club speed session, interval training 800m x 5 relay race with warm up and cool down.
    I'm much more careful in the US now.. guns here...

Steady 10 miler, snow on the roads and sidewalks (I'm proper yank already...) with ice so did 10 miles 7:10 pace, mainly all sub 7 but 1 mile slow trails.

Tuesday, Stretching, swimming 800m, 12k club run in 68:00
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

24 miles 'Tour of Skiddaw'. Over Skiddaw from Keswick...Skiddaw House, over to Mungrisdale and back via Threlkeld and the old railway. Good day, ran big chunks which is what I need to be doing. Also did a mid-week 11 mile over Ingleborough from Clapham. Do need to run a bit more....
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Wednesday Steady 8k along the Dalesway plus stretching,weights and core work
    Thursday 6 * 2 min hills distance 200m height 35m HR <156
    Doing Dalesway Link walk Friday from Shipley to Ilkley for a day off
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

Master
    Today. Buttermere Village to Scarth Gap to Pillar (had to cut steps up 600 foot gully which was scary in fell shoes and no axe). Weather so bad that I bailed out via Black Sail and Scarth Gap. About 13 miles

Yesterday's jog along the canal

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    If we meet up at the LAMM I will introduce you to my running partner, former European and World sledge dog racing champion.
    Cheers Tahr, I'd like that.

After best part of three weeks off. Back to running.

Bloody hideous, everything is a slog. Hopefully back up to speed soon though, heading to Glencoe this weekend. Weather looking a bit ropey so low level runs looking likely.
    pies